Thread: Blinker Trim

Question Blinker Trim

2023 RT188P, are the 3 wires (the ones you splice into) easy to find? Pre existing behind dash? Thanks.

I would doubt they are behind the dash as they only go to your throttle control. I know I had to run the wires to my dash when I installed the blinker switches for my trim and jack plate. But I do not know if they have changed it in the more recent model years.

Side note: That was one of my major issues with my rig, as the wiring behind the dash looked like a rat's nest.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Thanks Bob, was all in there today. Ran 3 in 1 transducer to console. I did not see the 3 trim wires on the shifter or in any bundles. Only wires on the shifter were 2 yellow w/red stripe. I do see the trim wires on the bow switch. Would I be able to tap the bow switch and run wires to dash/ blinker?

Yes you can. You can run the Blue and Green wires back to the dash and grab a power (red) wire within the dash. If you are going to pull wires, I recommend you pull a couple of 10 gauge wires as spares for whatever in the future.

When I did mine, I tied the wires together via terminal block. One power source for both my trim/tilt and jack plate. Then if you ever need to replace a switch / blinker or test for a fault, makes a great access for testing.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest