Pretty quiet in this forum

Planning our annual SD trip to several Glacial Lakes end of May. When will the tournament schedules be posted so we can plan accordingly to stay out of your way? Or maybe you staying out of ours

Would look forward to meeting any BBC members in the area around that time frame

Yeah surprisingly quiet here. There's more and more tourneys coming though (I miss the old days). There's SD TBF, ND BASS, USA Bassin, Wednesday night league, Glacial Lakes extreme plus club and open tourneys. The permit required tourneys are listed on GFP site but most of them aren't big enough to require permit.
    To fish or not to fish?
    What stupid question.

Haha i see a few things starting to get placed, when i see anything that resembles a schedule ill definitely post it. If anyone does come a cross it send it to me and ill get it faster

4. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar

6. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Thank you. Looks like a great schedule. We arrive May 27th and will stay off Kettle/Cattail on the 28th. We don't mind fishing for whatever you might leave us a few days after . Good luck

My partner and i did set a leake record for south Buffalo last spring, it stood for 10 minutes till our buddies bumped us again. That lake is actually really sweet and definitely under rated especially since that was the first time we had ever seen it was tournament day

8. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    My partner and i did set a leake record for south Buffalo last spring, it stood for 10 minutes till our buddies bumped us again. That lake is actually really sweet and definitely under rated especially since that was the first time we had ever seen it was tournament day
    Never been on it but it does look interesting. .. and shallow. How serious is the timber? Can you safely run it? How bout Kettle/Cattail?

No
    To fish or not to fish?
    What stupid question.

There is definitely shallow stuff in Buffalo to watch out for and small 4-6" thick poles out to quite a way, cattailkettle is littered from shore to shore with 4-8" poles. No safe safe safe space anywhere

11. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    4" to 8" poles? As in metal poles or timber poles? Sounds like idle or TM only navigation to me. Are these said poles visible if you're on the TM?

As in trees that basically only have the center left like telephone poles running along the highway. I fished it one time during a tournament, j ran it and survived, i was tracing my line back and swerved to miss a group of them that i was probably 5' from the first time and i didnt see them at all the first time. Im sure on the troller you will see them but they are all but flush with the water especially in the spring

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadStiK View Post
    4" to 8" poles? As in metal poles or timber poles? Sounds like idle or TM only navigation to me. Are these said poles visible if you're on the TM?
    There's all kinds of crap in cattail kettle... trees, posts, fences... it's a fiberglass boats best friend. And water visibility is crap so you can hardly see anything unless it's poking out. However there are some big smallmouth in there
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

Saturday at Hagge's Bar in Mapleton nd at noon is the EDAK meeting, open to the public for input, i wont be there till 2 or so but im sure they will still be talking fishing in this barren wasteland

15. Member
    Saturday at Hagge's Bar in Mapleton nd at noon is the EDAK meeting, open to the public for input, i wont be there till 2 or so but im sure they will still be talking fishing in this barren wasteland
    Unfortunately work and kids will be taking my time on Saturday... I'll be sending my baby brother in my place
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

Thats fine. Send 68 people haha

17. Member
    Thats fine. Send 68 people haha
    As a dude who runs a bar... I feel bad for that joint if that many cabin fever filled fisherman show up on a Saturday. Gonna run outta Busch...
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

Well it works out that we cant get enough to drink to have an issue driving.