Where to install transom wedge??

I recently purchased a Bob's Machine hydraulic jack plate and 2 degree transom wedge for my 2020 20TRX Patriot. Where should the wedge be placed; between the motor and the backplate or transom and jack plate? My boat dealer installed it between the transom and the jack plate and it doesn't look right to me. Please advise and thank you for your help!!!

2. Member
    That's the correct way to install wedges. Think about it if jackplate was installed 1st the jackplate wound follow the sam's degree angle of the transom. By installing the wedges 1st. The jackplate will follow the 2 degree that gain from the wedges. I installed my wedges just like your dealer did.

3. Member
    Did the wedges help your guys top end? My 2018 20TRX has never performed like I hoped. Even worse since going with lithium batteries, doesn’t have enough lift.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jd75760 View Post
    Did the wedges help your guys top end? My 2018 20TRX has never performed like I hoped. Even worse since going with lithium batteries, doesn’t have enough lift.
    I put 2 degree wedges on my 21TRX last year and took them back off because they didn’t seem to give me any more noticeable lift and they made my holeshot worse. But since you have lithiums they might be beneficial for you.

5. Member
    I also had issues getting lift on my 2010 21hp once I removed the 3 series 31 trolling batteries and replaced with 2 lithiums. Added more storage space for sure but the boat struggles to lift the bow and even with a newer 300 pro xs it seems to be 2-3 mph slower than it should. And I've got wedges in between transom and jp.
    Going with 4 blade props solved the hole shot and improved the way it carries a load in the heat but seems I've traded off 3-4 mph with not having enough weight in the back to get the nose up.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    I also had issues getting lift on my 2010 21hp once I removed the 3 series 31 trolling batteries and replaced with 2 lithiums. Added more storage space for sure but the boat struggles to lift the bow and even with a newer 300 pro xs it seems to be 2-3 mph slower than it should. And I've got wedges in between transom and jp.
    Going with 4 blade props solved the hole shot and improved the way it carries a load in the heat but seems I've traded off 3-4 mph with not having enough weight in the back to get the nose up.
    I have a 21X3 with ProXS 250 as well running a 4 blade 25P Trophy Plus. What 4 blade did you go with?

7. Member
    Bob’s says between motor and jackplate