Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I could almost swear I've seen Basscat say somewhere before that the boats run better with the weight of regular batteries in the back vs light weight lithiums.
    Rick P spoke to this and his point was that the hull will run best as designed, as they are tuned with certain weight and weight distribution in mind. So for example if the hull originally came with AGM batteries and a 2-stroke, it will run closest to "as designed" in that configuration. Throw a 4-stroke on it and it and/or weight loss via lithium batteries and that may change how it responds on the water

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiVoltFishn View Post
    Rick P spoke to this and his point was that the hull will run best as designed, as they are tuned with certain weight and weight distribution in mind. So for example if the hull originally came with AGM batteries and a 2-stroke, it will run closest to "as designed" in that configuration. Throw a 4-stroke on it and it and/or weight loss via lithium batteries and that may change how it responds on the water

Took
    200 lbs of lead out of the back of my boat, installed 60lbs of batteries. Improvement noticed immediately, on the pad faster, no loss of speed, no change in steering, no change in handling, mpg sucked before and still sucks now,lol. So not sure where that comment was meant to be targeted at.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    Took
    200 lbs of lead out of the back of my boat, installed 60lbs of batteries. Improvement noticed immediately, on the pad faster, no loss of speed, no change in steering, no change in handling, mpg sucked before and still sucks now,lol. So not sure where that comment was meant to be targeted at.
    Every setup is different, it's not uncommon to loose some top end speed after taking 200 lbs of weight out of the rear, that is true with any brand bass boat.

Yes, it’s more about changing the setups. References on hulls to Four Stroke and Two Stroke are unique in their power produced, not weight distribution. Weight loss is performance when properly setup.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Every setup is different, it's not uncommon to loose some top end speed after taking 200 lbs of weight out of the rear, that is true with any brand bass boat.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Anytime you take that much weight out of a boat, you have to change its set up. That includes moving weight and prop changes.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiVoltFishn View Post
    That's a great point I didn't even think of. Weight difference between the 4stroke vs the 2 stroke probably evens out if you run lithiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Be interested to see the speed reports on that hull with such a light set up in it... Very clean Mr' Crews.
    ”speed report” ?…NASTY is my guess 😎

8. Member
    Lithiums are not the speed gain option as most think. I run them for 3 years. It might even hurt some hulls on top end. You have to realize that when you take the weight out of the rear of the boat, then it makes the middle of the boat respond different to the water. Takes more lift from the prop. A good prop is key to run lithiums. I thought i would gain @3 mph when switched. I was wrong. Holeshot improved so thats a plus.

9. Member
    I am running two lithiums in my Cougar (250 Merc 2 stroke). Holeshot drastically improved and have seen 80mph without playing with my prop.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Be interested to see the speed reports on that hull with such a light set up in it... Very clean Mr' Crews.
    He posted a video showing that he hit 77.
    2023 Puma STS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    He posted a video showing that he hit 77.
    Would probably be 80 with an Eyra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12