AT black box mounting

Has anyone mounted their AT black box upfront behind the instrument panel ? I want to install one but am concerned about lack of room running the transducer cable. Pros and Cons?
    thanks

I’ll get blasted by the purist…but mines zip tied to the rod tubes up in the bow…very solid by the way.…and wired to the bow bus bar. Not a single issue and great images. I didn’t want to dig through foam and drill holes. Works for me.

Mine is attached under the console to the front wall. Plenty of clearance between hot foot and foot rests. Wiring goes through opening by console, through the rod locker.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I’ll get blasted by the purist…but mines zip tied to the rod tubes up in the bow…very solid by the way.…and wired to the bow bus bar. Not a single issue and great images. I didn’t want to dig through foam and drill holes. Works for me.
    Did the same install on my 520L and wired to a Seaclear harness.
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

5. Member
    Mine is mounted under the console on the mounting plate and wired into the bus bar in the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalliefan2 View Post
    Mine is attached under the console to the front wall. Plenty of clearance between hot foot and foot rests. Wiring goes through opening by console, through the rod locker.
    That's where I had mine.
    Boatless

7. Member
    I too would love to mount it under the dash or in the starboard rod locker. The issue I am running into is my starboard tube that runs from the console to the bow is full. So I am trying to figure out the best solution based on my not having the room to run the transducer cable. Thanks for your thoughts

8. Member
    Mine is also mounted with 4 heavy tie wraps to the rod tubes. Probably not how I would have done this, but seems to be holding up from the factory rigging after 3 years and some pretty rough LOZ summer rides.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

9. Member
    How do you get to the rod tubes ?

Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    How do you get to the rod tubes ?
    Remove the bow plate. You will see them off to the port side extending through foam from the port locker.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBob View Post
    Mine is also mounted with 4 heavy tie wraps to the rod tubes. Probably not how I would have done this, but seems to be holding up from the factory rigging after 3 years and some pretty rough LOZ summer rides.
    It’s a time saver so not surprised the factory does it this way. If you use heavy duty tie wraps, it’s not going anywhere. I don’t worry about rough stuff…I’m of the opinion that box is less susceptible to the rough stuff than bow electronics that sit up there.

12. Member
    Thanks

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I did the same with same results. Had room up there, felt solid, so didn't see a problem with it.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.