93SV UHD vs. 93SV UHD2?

What’s your guys thoughts? Can get both with the GT56 so one would guess that they will be starting sales for the UDH soon? Looking at getting a new unit. Thanks for your advice.

2. Member
    Right now they are priced the same on their website. I would think that they would deprecate the UHD line, specifically because of their new mapping marketing strategy but I get the feeling they "officially" won't, they will just offer discounts to dealers to hopefully pass on to consumers. One thing is certain, next year's Black Friday Sales are going to be confusing as heck! LOL

There is a nice difference between the 2 though with the display and mounting in the 9" series. I have not seen one in person but I am curious to see if they used a faster processor & memory to make the screen respond faster. A video I seen on youtube doesn't make it look any snappier than prior models so that is suspect, they are however writing to a higher resolution so giveth and taketh there.

3. Member
    -Higher screen resolution
    -Broader Chirp frequency range
    -Wireless networking (This feature not compatible with LS)
    -Improved built-in mapping

I couldn't see where the processors were any different, the 93UHD's are a bit slow to load maps, that would have been a nice improvement.

4. Member
    From what I read the UHD2 units can not be networked with the regular UHD!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LunkerSnipper View Post
    From what I read the UHD2 units can not be networked with the regular UHD!
    They don't have a network port, so I think you are correct. Only a power cord and a 4 pin transducer connection. Which would also make them incompatible with LS, kind of surprising.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...5069FB53B.html

6. Member
    Looks like the 9 inch has the ethernet port, but the 5 and 7 inch do not. Very odd IMO.

7. Member
    Get the UHD2, I see them discontinuing the regular UHD like they did before with the 93sv. When they do you won't even be able to update it.

8. Member
    i thought i read that the uhd 2 was getting a 10hz over the 5 hz of the older models

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
    i thought i read that the uhd 2 was getting a 10hz over the 5 hz of the older models
    Per the Garmin website, it shows the receiver to be 10Hz as opposed to the 5Hz in the older Plus units.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS