Painters,,, Color Help Please

If you were going to paint this bait ,, what colors /type/brand of paint would you use ,,, looking to dip my toe into crankbait painting and not sure where to start but this will be one of my main colors ,,, any help is greatly appreciated
    21f09781-f899-4f61-9221-6b204309b2a8_1.51eb7bc4e4c44e42152f8c8636a4a0a1 (1).jpeg
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 01-19-2023 at 06:49 AM.

Createx Pearl White for the belly, Yellow over white base for the sites and probably up over the back. Either really light on the transparent black for the scales or maybe really light on the dark brown for those and then dark brown or black for the back and stripes.

I'm color blind as a bat but I've been doing this exercise for a week with some different patterns for some balsa cranks I'm working on so that's just where my thought process goes looking at your picture.

Actually the more I look at it put pearl white down over the whole lure then put the yellow on top of it so some of the pearl effect comes through. Looking at it again that appears to be what they did.
    Last edited by basscatcher89; 01-19-2023 at 09:35 AM.

3. Member
    I would paint the entire bait with Createx pearl white. Then with netting on a sewing loom over the side of the bait use Tamiya transparent yellow on the shoulders and sides as far down as you want it for the scales. Then use a little green (either opaque createx or transparent Tamiya) on the tops of the shoulders, going light on the green holding the bait at an angle to the brush to blend it in. Holding the bait in a "helping hand" use a large comb on each side of the bait as a stencil and shoot your red bars. Black on the back and red on the throat. Dot your eyes with the head of a nail.

Thanks guys