garmin livescope pamoptix lvs32 versus livescope lvs34 plus

I decided against going with megalive to going with garmin livescope. I can get a 9 inch for 699 and the lvs34 plus for 1700. but I saw the panoptix lvs32 is 989. both are systems with everything for setup. my question for you guys is the plus with the extra 700 bucks? I was told the clarity is amazing but I don't know about either. thanks

2. Member
    Target Separation is the big thing with the 34. I am
    still running the 32 and there will be several guys that say one or the other is better. If you can afford it get the 34, if you are cautious with your money get the 32. It will still work just fine like it has been for years.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    Target Separation is the big thing with the 34. I am
    still running the 32 and there will be several guys that say one or the other is better. If you can afford it get the 34, if you are cautious with your money get the 32. It will still work just fine like it has been for years.
    ok thanks. im definitely cautious with money but worked a bunch of ot. I bought my 2022 ranger rt198p in November. the 700 bucks would definitely help with other expenses on rigging everything up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin74 View Post
    I decided against going with megalive to going with garmin livescope. I can get a 9 inch for 699 and the lvs34 plus for 1700. but I saw the panoptix lvs32 is 989. both are systems with everything for setup. my question for you guys is the plus with the extra 700 bucks? I was told the clarity is amazing but I don't know about either. thanks
    Money is money. And I totally get it. But I would keep saving if needed before I would buy a 32. You will be much happier with the lvs34. The range and target separation are much better. 9 inch screen is fine as long as it's dedicated for livescope only. Be sure to update black box and unit as soon as you install to achieve maximum benefits. Good luck
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastenfish View Post
    Money is money. And I totally get it. But I would keep saving if needed before I would buy a 32. You will be much happier with the lvs34. The range and target separation are much better. 9 inch screen is fine as long as it's dedicated for livescope only. Be sure to update black box and unit as soon as you install to achieve maximum benefits. Good luck
    thanks.....I think I'm gonna with the lvs34 plus. I was planning on spending 1500 on mega live so what's 200 extra. the 9 inch will be only livescope as I will have my helix 12 up on bow for side scan and maps.

6. Member
    thanks.....I think I'm gonna with the lvs34 plus. I was planning on spending 1500 on mega live so what's 200 extra. the 9 inch will be only livescope as I will have my helix 12 up on bow for side scan and maps.
    You'll be happy with that setup. Be sure to run a dedicated wire to your black box and ensure clean power to it. If not some people have had not as good of performance. Good luck.
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

7. Member
    I have a 32 and have seen a 34. If it were my money, I'd get the 32. In my experience you're looking for movement more than target separation, in the way you would with 2d sonar. The 34 looks prettier, but I don't know that it does anything significantly better as far as actually spotting moving fish.

8. Member
    I would save by buying a DI unit for the bow instead of SI. Side imaging is not very useful on the tm.
    And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
    Matthew 4:19

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TK5 View Post
    I would save by buying a DI unit for the bow instead of SI. Side imaging is not very useful on the tm.
    I already have 2 helix 12s that does both

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    I have a 32 and have seen a 34. If it were my money, I'd get the 32. In my experience you're looking for movement more than target separation, in the way you would with 2d sonar. The 34 looks prettier, but I don't know that it does anything significantly better as far as actually spotting moving fish.
    ok thanks. I was totally going with the 34 this morning. I'm picking it up this afternoon. now I'm on the fence lol. I have never used live sonar before so this will be my first one. I worked a ton of ot but the extra 700 could go into my other expenses for rigging my new boat......damn it what to do.

11. Member
    last night I decided to get the 34 and 9 inch. then today I had second thoughts on the 9 inch. so today I went and exchanged it for the 10 inch.....figured I need the best for my new boat. I'm sure I will questions on the install. thanks everyone that chimed in.

12. Member
    last night I decided to get the 34 and 9 inch. then today I had second thoughts on the 9 inch. so today I went and exchanged it for the 10 inch.....figured I need the best for my new boat. I'm sure I will questions on the install. thanks everyone that chimed in.
    You did it before I could suggest it, if you was going to spring for the 34 might as well get the biggest screen your budget allows. Nothing like squinting lol
    2022 1875 Lund Renegade XS
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"