Thread: New Fuel Hose

New Fuel Hose

I have a new 115 Pro XS, 3B259075. Had a fuel cell built for my boat. Need to run a new fuel line to motor. With the curves and bends will be about 21' of hose. Whats's the best fuel hose to buy and should I run 3/8" all the way? Think my motor has the 8mm quick disconnect now. Would have to change it to the 10mm. Thanks Wayne
    Last edited by mr wayne; 01-18-2023 at 04:26 PM.
    2023 Timber Reaper 656, 2023 115 Pro XS, Tiller Handle

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would definitely go with 3/8" ID, A1-15 hose, and the correct fitting for the connector at the cowling. That's a LONG, LONG hose run!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks Don. Any brand to avoid? I see there are a few companies making these hoses.
    2023 Timber Reaper 656, 2023 115 Pro XS, Tiller Handle

4. Member
    Out of curiosity, how do you need 21’ of fuel hose in 16’ boat? Seems interesting. Assuming it for the Reaper in your signature.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr wayne View Post
    Thanks Don. Any brand to avoid? I see there are a few companies making these hoses.
    Not really going to get into "avoids" for that question. MPI, Shields, and a few others are decent.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor