Question Rigging Help, 2023 RT188P

Can you lay some knowledge on me? Just picked up a 2023 RT188P and wanting to run some cables. I took the fuse box (Console kick panel) and cup holder at the throttle out and see the rigging tube for the back (Stern) but none for the front (Bow). I then removed the troller pedal pan and I see the clear tube going back to the console but can't find where at the console it terminated. Any info you can relay is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    I think I’m following what you are saying and mine comes out in the starboard rod locker, but my boat is a few years older?

3. Member
    Buy a snake for running wires and start ramming. I have a pre Johnny RT 188 and it is the worst layout ever for running wires. I would attach multiple strings to the snake and tie them off to something that way in the future you have extra strings to pull wire or cables.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSURodney View Post
    Buy a snake for running wires and start ramming. I have a pre Johnny RT 188 and it is the worst layout ever for running wires. I would attach multiple strings to the snake and tie them off to something that way in the future you have extra strings to pull wire or cables.
    OH, that's a given if I ever get anything run

5. Member
    On my ‘21 188p the bow rigging tube comes out on the right side of the driver console under the panel the throttle is connected to.

Quote Originally Posted by YSFishing View Post
    On my ‘21 188p the bow rigging tube comes out on the right side of the driver console under the panel the throttle is connected to.
    Yeah, mine should also however, the rigger that day decided otherwise. Clear with black line rigging tube is so forward in the bow, almost crosses the point in nose to left side. That tells me (and I looked) that the rigging tube is about 18-24 inches short of the console. Was wondering if there is a way to remove/loosen panel shifter is mounted to for access? Thanks for the info, will keep at it

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffism View Post
    Yeah, mine should also however, the rigger that day decided otherwise. Clear with black line rigging tube is so forward in the bow, almost crosses the point in nose to left side. That tells me (and I looked) that the rigging tube is about 18-24 inches short of the console. Was wondering if there is a way to remove/loosen panel shifter is mounted to for access? Thanks for the info, will keep at it
    the panel next to the throttle can be taken off but not completely. i have a rt198p and I have taken mine out

8. Member
    Yes it can moved. It is held on with screws on the front and back. I had to take mine loose to rig the front. Another tip is make sure the wires to the usb charger are connected when you put it back mine were very short and came off the connectors.

Got it, had to remove 3 screws on same plane as cup holder and 2 screws on same plane as shifter. Moved panel towards seat enough to find wire chase. Thanks all, OneObjective has a video on Youtube.