Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I guess they changed things up since mine is a 2014 model. My bottom bracket was actually L shaped that would wrap across the top of the raised channel. I didn't want to do that so I cut that part off which left just a flat plate. I drilled my own holes in that part so I could screw it in to the side. Not sure how much of a lip you have, but maybe drilling custom holes may give you just enough room to attach the bracket. The top bracket can be rotated so it mounted facing the inside vs the outside. This would place it so it doesn't interfere with your rubber gasket. You would half to mount it through the top. I'm not sure that is a big deal since a lot of them are attached through the top of the lids. If you use small bolts, the carpet will cover the head.
    If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas other than the PVC "lid support" I used for years.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    I guess they changed things up since mine is a 2014 model. My bottom bracket was actually L shaped that would wrap across the top of the raised channel. I didn't want to do that so I cut that part off which left just a flat plate. I drilled my own holes in that part so I could screw it in to the side. Not sure how much of a lip you have, but maybe drilling custom holes may give you just enough room to attach the bracket. The top bracket can be rotated so it mounted facing the inside vs the outside. This would place it so it doesn't interfere with your rubber gasket. You would half to mount it through the top. I'm not sure that is a big deal since a lot of them are attached through the top of the lids. If you use small bolts, the carpet will cover the head.
    If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas other than the PVC "lid support" I used for years.
    Mike, thanks for all your efforts to help me with this. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and add all those pictures. I will take a look at all of this tomorrow and really puts some additional thought into it. Thanks again for all your input.
    Triton TR196DC / 200 Mercury Optimax- serial# 0T995641
    Dual HB 12" SI Helix Units
    HB Mega 360
    Garmin 1222 / LVS34 LiveScope
    Dual 12' Minn Kota Talons
    MotorGuide Tour TM
    Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate

Toyota Tundra SR5

3. Member
    Cut a piece of pool noodle (V) cut the ends works great as a prop. it’s lite won’t scratch easy to store if I had a pic I’d post it.

Quote Originally Posted by RNKingCx19 View Post
    Cut a piece of pool noodle (V) cut the ends works great as a prop. it’s lite won’t scratch easy to store if I had a pic I’d post it.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'd really like a more permanent solution like the gas piston, but if all else fails, your idea sounds like a good potential option.
    Triton TR196DC / 200 Mercury Optimax- serial# 0T995641
    Dual HB 12" SI Helix Units
    HB Mega 360
    Garmin 1222 / LVS34 LiveScope
    Dual 12' Minn Kota Talons
    MotorGuide Tour TM
    Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate

Toyota Tundra SR5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12