Emergency Boarding Ladder

I own a Bullet 20XD boat 2001 year model. Last summer I fell into the lake and being 72 years old I nearly drowned since I wasn`t wearing my pfd and I had no way to get back into the boat. What is the best way to rig up an emergency ladder for reboarding on these Bullet Boats???

2. Member
    I have an E-Ladder that comes with a bracket to mount it to the engine mounting bolts on the port side.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

3. Member
    I've got an All Aboard ladder on mine and I hate to say it but if you're not in good shape for a 72 year old you are still going to struggle to get back in with that.

4. Member
    Go to back of the boat and put your foot on the lower unit housing and hit the power trim button and it will lift you right out of the water so you can step on the rear deck. Power trim is more than strong enough to lift you out of the water. Ive done it a couple times when I fell in after bumping a stump with the trolling motor standing up. I now use the front chair when I run the trolling motor, and always wear you pfd or inflatable vest when fishing alone or with somebody at your age. I do.

5. Member
    I had the same thing happen, I got the one from T-H marine. Ez install. I haven"t tried it yet. I keep a 20ft rope tied to my front cleat. I tied a loop knot in rope and stood in loop and grabbed the front pedestal and pulled myself in. I tried the stand on lower unit trick and it would"nt work for me, nothing to grab and hold and hull is to slick to grab. Motor was running and it dawned on me later that I should have bumped it in gear and rode to shallow water.

6. Member
    I'll add and this isn't going to help the OP, but if you've got an XRS with a ladder on the back, you can open the rear box and use the opening as a grab handle and it helps a lot. I can use the drain hole in the splash well as a finger hole but its not easy.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    I have an E-Ladder that comes with a bracket to mount it to the engine mounting bolts on the port side.
    Do you happen to have a link to this ladder?
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

8. Member
    rnrd.com is the mfgr’s website. I also see them on amazon.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Do you happen to have a link to this ladder?
    In regard to a ladder that attaches to the motor mounting bolts; it's a little pricey but easy to install there are no holes to drill, fits nice, is of good quality and stores out of the way. If your mounting bolts are long enough, you could mount it by adding additional nuts versus potentially breaking the water seal on the original mounting hardware. I've had one on my boat for three years and it's held up well.

Amazon.com: JIF Marine EOM Emergency Reboarding Ladder : Sports & Outdoors