Thread: Bravo 1FS

Bravo 1FS

Hello! Has anyone on here tried a Mercury Racing Bravo 1 FS in 24 pitch on a newer Ranger Z519 with the Mercury 225 Pro XS V8? Or any type of boat similar to the 519? I’m curious on rpms, speed, and Holeshot as well as bow lift. I appreciate all replies! Thsnks!

2. Member
    I have a 20' Lake and Bay backwater with a 300R torquemaster. A Bravo XS is the same as an FS except 8 vent holes and is the fastest prop on my boat. But also the best one....jumps on plane, stays hooked up in turns and at different heights, terrific mid range speed......I've tried over 10 different props on my boat.

3. Member
    Capt. James what pitch are you using? I have a Big O with a Bravo 1 25p and was wanting to get another prop.

4. Member
    Havenman. I run a 25" XS the majority of the time....... will get up to 77 mph with it at 6460 with no trolling motor or fishing gear. It handles a fishing load no problem and gets on plane quick. I also have a 27" XS, but runs very heavy in pitch compared to the 25", have gotten 79 mph with it also light and probably has another 1-2 mph in it but real hard to get the rpm's out of it.....usually see around 6060 or so........but have to jack a lot to get that. Have seen as much as 6260 ventilating it a little. From what I've been told, Mercury takes the lower even numbered prop (say 24") and adds cup to get to 25" for the odd numbered pitches.