2007 Mercury Optimax 200Trim Motor

Hello,
    My trim is struggling in the up position. It is very slow. Down comes down strong and fine. The fluid level is good so I assume I need to replace the trim motor. Can someone give their opinion and tell me what motor I need to order if I need one? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    ser number please , more info on your engine in 3.0L forum 2 more down list
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving to 3L Forum: Further assistance with Serial Number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Serial # 1B515634

Thanks

5. Member
    hope its just a mtr ,,,, OEM kit is north of $2200
    Last edited by JOE54; 01-19-2023 at 12:16 PM.
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If it's a weak trim MOTOR, those are still available. See Rhonda's post at the top of the Forum and drop her an email with serial number, she can set you up.

If the trim motor itself sounds like it's running "slow" and dragging as the trim is run up, it could be the trim motor.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor