HDS Live Powering Down

Last two times out my Live12 has been shutting down intermittently. It's not a voltage issue - I have an Active Target and Carbon 12 that are not being impacted. Voltage on screen actually shows 13.2. Seems to do so after 2-3hrs of on time and, recently upgraded to 22.1. Nothing has changed in the boat and house battery is plenty hot. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

2. Member
    Thinking that your battery is sufficient and knowing it are two different things. Each unit and module has different voltage requirements and wires feeding that voltage so what happens with one does not apply to another. Finally, the voltage on the screen is known to be pretty inaccurate. Bottom line, flickering and shutting down are always voltage related. I would be checking the battery with a quality meter when the unit begins doing it. If the battery is fine next you would check the wiring and connections to the faulty unit. There is definitely nothing related to the software update that could cause this. Otherwise there would be thousands of people complaining about it! When I had this issue, my motor would still start fine and the bow unit never flickered. I changed the battery out anyway and added dedicated wiring from the battery to a fuse box from which all units draw power, and have never seen the issue again.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Check Power and Ground connections, Especially if you have the yellow wired connected on the Live. Also Switch your live to another location and see if it still continues to act up if not then you just veryied an install wiring issue. Switch with the Carbon. That will veryify very quickly where to start looking.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Check Power and Ground connections, Especially if you have the yellow wired connected on the Live. Also Switch your live to another location and see if it still continues to act up if not then you just veryied an install wiring issue. Switch with the Carbon. That will veryify very quickly where to start looking.
    Failed to mention I swapped this console unit with the bow and the problem followed. This is not a battery or wiring problem.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkBird View Post
    Failed to mention I swapped this console unit with the bow and the problem followed. This is not a battery or wiring problem.
    I believe I would contact Lowrance.
    2023 Puma STS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkBird View Post
    Of Course you did, then you know what you need to do as its the unit call Lowrance Good luck

7. Member
    Could be overheating, Iv'e had that happen. I'm not sure if it's an intentional shut down caused by a heat sensor or just a heat related malfunction, but after a short rest the unit will work again.

8. Member
    Cut brightness down and see if it changes
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

9. Member
    Had a carbon 16 do the same thing. Eventually lowrance replaced it after I took a video of it doing it then connecting my carbon 12 to the same hook ups and it ran fine. Mine would cut off after maybe 3 or 4 minutes. Don’t know what the problem ended up being with it but lowrance replaced it with a HDS live 16.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

10. Member
    just had a live 12 replaced same thing.

11. Member
    Had a 9 live do same thing. Water ingress caused corrosion-shorting on circuitboard