Multi species with livescope yesterday

Went to Cumberland crappie fishing yesterday & caught several with the smallest 10.5" & the majority right around 12". We moved to another spot to check it out some & I saw some schooling fish on a flat when i panned around with livescope that i didn't know for sure what they were. I told my buddy what direction to cast & when to let it drop in on them. When he'd get close i'd tell him to slow down so he could make the retrieve go directly through the school. In a handful of casts he had 2 smallmouth over 18". Then i tried & caught a keeper largemouth. Pretty cool because without livescope we wouldn't have been blind casting crappie jigs 35 to 60 feet out at fish because without it we'd never have knew they were there. Some folks may not like it but i will say other than a boat that a livescope system & a spotlock trolling motor is definitely the best investment i've ever made when it comes to fishing. I actually haven't bass fished once since i bought my livescope system because i'm really enjoying trying to learn it by chasing crappie. I'm also going to try spoon fishing at night next spring for some of the big cumberland striper & walleye with it too so that should be a blast.

2. Member
    I have caught fish that I wouldn't have caught if not for LS. I've seen fish at say 10' when fishing deep brush at 25' and raise my jig and bam. Most of the time it's not crappie,but whites or largemouth.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

3. Member