Tang Washer vs Retainer Clip

Performing service on my trailer today and my old eyes and old knees and old back wants to know something. I have an EZ Lube system with castle nuts and spindle tang washers. Can I use retainer clips instead of tang washers? If so, would I replace the castle nuts?
    Thanks!
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

2. Member
    Interesting. I'm familiar with the tang washers but not the clips. Personally I'd just buy some spare tang washers to use when the tangs got fatigued.

I have the EZ Lube system on my Lund trailer. Champion Trailer parts has all of the parts I need, including tang washers. https://www.championtrailers.com/
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments