New Deck....Wood or Composite?

Hey need to redo decking and wondering what brands of composite deck is bang for buck? and if it is better than redoing with wood/carpet? Thoughts...thanks!!!
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

2. Member
    No-one has gotten their floor/deck redone?
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

3. Member
    I did my own boat. I used plywood that is treated for marine use. The plywood I got actually came from a place that treats the plywood for pontoon boats so it is good for aluminum contact.

Maybe one reason no one answered is they do not know about composite. I don't and that is the reason I did not answer when I read it the first time.
    My present boat has aluminum decks so I don't worry about that anymore.
    If I was doing mine, I would probably use the marine treated wood again. It was easy to work with and I don't know of a company or anyone that has used any composite decking.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

4. Member
    When I built my boat I made the decks out of ply and coated them with polyester resin, then wrapped them with vinyl. If I were using carpet I might have tried a different route, but it had been successful for me.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I built my own decks once using 3/4” plywood with 3 coats of marine varnish and then carpet on top. It was solid as ever when I sold the boat many years later.