Skeeter FXR Step Drawer

Looking at the AMPD marine below center step drawer. Has anyone installed this and it is solid and helpful? I watched a YouTube video on it and it seemed a little hard to pull out and push back in. It seems like a good use of space, just wondering if the drawer is worth having. I know AMPD marine has quality products and the price is fair. I have a 2022 FXR21Screenshot 2023-01-15 094624.png

It can be finicky to open and close, a lot depends on the install, the more time you take lining every thing up (you want it as close to the forward bulkhead as possible to keep the slides as flat as possible) the better off you will be. Still, its a solid upgrade imo, and takes use of what is really wasted space. Mine hold extra fish tools, wipes, culling gear, etc.

3. Member
    I installed it last year and it's been one of the more useful upgrades to my FXR21. We use it for the scale, my phone, and a few other fish tools we want to get to easily during the day. It's a handy location for both me and my co-angler to get stuff quickly. I'd second 78Staff's recommendations on the install, but it wasn't too difficult. I'm a bit of a klutz and it installed right the first time for me.

4. Member
    It’s not sturdy, but it’s handy. I use it for my culling stuff and marker bouys. It does get kicked open accidentally a lot (latch isn’t the greatest).

5. Member
    I have it on a ZX and keep all my spools of line in it. As someone else I do find the latch open occasionally but otherwise I love it.
    2018 Skeeter ZX225
    2018 Yamaha 225 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    It’s not sturdy, but it’s handy. I use it for my culling stuff and marker bouys. It does get kicked open accidentally a lot (latch isn’t the greatest).
    You might try tightening the striker so it has more pressure on the latch. I had to relearn where i step up to avoid accidently hitting the latch with my foot and opening it. Tightening the striker does make it better against an accidental kick.

7. Member
    I decided against getting this but I appreciate the input and real life experiences. I have the large "trash" compartment in the center step that holds a ton of stuff, was just looking to fill that under the step empty spot but this thing seems too cheap..