Thread: Heard a rumor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    If someone walked up and said you can buy any BCB made right now what would it be.
    My 2 choices would be Puma STS or a Lynx
    Puma sts for sure!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Member
    My guess is with the success of the Puma STS we will see a Cougar STS and an updated P-2 or Sabre. Both going wide body.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

3. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    My guess is with the success of the Puma STS we will see a Cougar STS and an updated P-2 or Sabre. Both going wide body.
    I don’t think they will take the cougar there. They had two solid 20 footers in the cougar and the puma. No real
    need for both. I see the lynx going away Bc of the STS and an update on the Eyra soon. Just an opinion.

I’m an Eyra / Cougar guy they fit my style of fishing. Puma STS or lynx wouldn’t really work well for me. The great thing about BassCat is they have an option or two for everyone.
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

What could be coming that is all new? The Bobcat, Puma STS and Jag STS are all relatively new. I could see an STS version of the Caracal as it has been out almost 10 years. The Cougar is still a great selling boat and I just do not see a reason to replace or refine it. Same for the PII. About the only area I see lacking is a larger 18 footer to replace the Sabre. It really needs a few more inches in the bow and bring it up to 18' 6" to 18' 10" along with an STS hull.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Rick can go ahead and take my money if they make the Sabre or P2 a little wider. Doubt they do it to the P2 though since they have the Classic and Caracal as wide body 19 footers.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    Well, I want a Lynx with an Eyra front deck layout, Puma STS latches, and the new style rear compartment lids.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

7. Member
    The Lynx is a tall persons boat, Thankfully!
    Dave

8. Member
    I love the P2, but it could use a few minor updates to make it perfect. A small day box and tool holder on the front deck would be awesome, some cup holders in the corners of the cockpit, and change up the back deck to allow for a larger bilge access. It doesn't need much, but those additions would be awesome.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I love the P2, but it could use a few minor updates to make it perfect. A small day box and tool holder on the front deck would be awesome, some cup holders in the corners of the cockpit, and change up the back deck to allow for a larger bilge access. It doesn't need much, but those additions would be awesome.
    And a front end like the rest of the boats.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I love the P2, but it could use a few minor updates to make it perfect. change up the back deck to allow for a larger bilge access..
    One of the things that I really disliked about my P2. Difficult to work in the bilge area. On my current Classic (and some of my other Cats also), the rear lid is large and removable, and so easy to access the bilge area to work in there.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

We are sure in time that you will eat those words one day. Of course the time may be down road a bit. The Pantera II is a great rig and they would like to bring it forward. It just isn't in the plans... yet.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Rick can go ahead and take my money if they make the Sabre or P2 a little wider. Doubt they do it to the P2 though since they have the Classic and Caracal as wide body 19 footers.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We are sure in time that you will eat those words one day. Of course the time may be down road a bit. The Pantera II is a great rig and they would like to bring it forward. It just isn't in the plans... yet.

BCB

Ok, Lets talk about a retirement rig. I'm quite a few years away but that gives you time to tool and build it. I'll take a P-II with the EYRA front deck layout, center coffin lids, Longer center portion of the front deck and the ice chest could extend slightly further back into the cockpit area for the step up. I need a little more leg room on the drivers side, maybe re-tool the console to give me more height under the console. I know I'm being picky. Other than that, the P-II is dang near perfect for our waters here in Southeast La. That is all! LOL!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

BCB
    Love to hear it!
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    Ok, Lets talk about a retirement rig. I'm quite a few years away but that gives you time to tool and build it. I'll take a P-II with the EYRA front deck layout, center coffin lids, Longer center portion of the front deck and the ice chest could extend slightly further back into the cockpit area for the step up. I need a little more leg room on the drivers side, maybe re-tool the console to give me more height under the console. I know I'm being picky. Other than that, the P-II is dang near perfect for our waters here in Southeast La. That is all! LOL!
    You know, this got me thinking. Take the P2 front deck and instead of having four boxes in the traditional layout, have a long lid on the starboard side and two smaller lids on the port side, similar to the coffin lid layout on the Eyra. A small day box up front that could hold a clipper, pliers, maybe a couple bags of plastics, 8x10x4" deep or so. Make the tray for the day box removable so you can get in there to clean and also access the electronics well in the bow for rigging purposes. Get rid of the flanking boxes on the outside edges of the hull so rods could lay up there similar to the Classic and the Lynx, but even more space than those offer, and let the boxes extend up under the deck to maximize storage capacity. An easy to access rigging tube, say 2 1/2" in diameter with a couple of cut-outs to ease running wires for future upgrades. And of course retool the back deck to allow for a much larger bilge access.

If you had essentially three big boxes on the front deck, you could be pretty damn efficient on the water. Heavier tackle goes in the rear box, rain gear and other random accessories in the forward box, rods in the long box, but plenty of room to open boxes and not knock rods overboard, oooh that would be sweet!

15. Member
    Some good ideas here!

16. Member
    Since we're all throwing out perfect layout options, here would be mine. PIV hull and deck layout up front from the net storage to the port side, make rear center compartment a little smaller and the cooler a little bigger, on the starboard side replace the regular lid with a day box and smaller box lid. Scoot the passenger seat over and add the same type of box next to the passenger seat on the Jag. Keep the gas tank under the seat, on the back deck make the lid span the majority of the width of the back deck and keep it removeable. Rate it for a 225...sent it to me for evaluation.

17. Member
    Yes we all have ideals! But.....these ideals come at a cost! Question is are you willing to pay the price for a upgrading. I truly believe Rick know the price increase for a 19 ft boat might kill the sells. Even though I personally prefer to 19ft in my style of fishing.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

18. Member
    I wish BC would build a plug and play Ranger type hull that drove itself. That coupled with the BC build quality and customer support would be perfect for me and a whole lot of others I'm certain. I don't need it to be a speed demon and I'd want it to sit well on a single axle and fit into my medium sized garage.

19. Member
    CARACAL STS! Bring the speed up to snuff with the Phoenix 919. Hard to believe they would let another company have the same size boat that's faster..

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbandit1 View Post
    CARACAL STS! Bring the speed up to snuff with the Phoenix 919. Hard to believe they would let another company have the same size boat that's faster..
    two different platforms. Caracal is a bigger boat. And set up right is running 74+/- which is pretty close to the 919. Some are faster than others. But the 919 is also a narrower boat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast