Thread: Heard a rumor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Rick told me that too lol... Said something along the lines of the coast guard seeing the boats performance and giving a nudge to slower her down a bit..... Hey you can always call Bob at brp marine in NC he knows guys who blue print pads but its a fortune. (They build poker run boats)

And then i void my hull warranty. No winning on this deal.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    P2 is narrow though
    It is quite a bit narrower than the Ranger (93" vs 97") but only an inch less than the Toon (93" vs 94"). I haven't been in the Triton or a Z518 but my P2 was better when it got rough than my buddy's Z519 and was also faster than the Z519 with a 225 so I imagine it'd be faster than the Z518. I guess my point was that they're all in the same ballpark. Calling a boat that's 18'10" an 18 footer doesn't make sense to me. The only real difference I see is the width of the Ranger which has to be about the widest 18-19 footer out there. My buddy's Z519 is also 97" and is noticeably wider than my P2 was which I definitely don't mind when we're fishing team deals. Even a Caracal is only 96" although it carries that width pretty far forward.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    Rumor has it that there is a BRAND NEW ground up platform being built by BassCat, no plat form name given. Mentioned by BCB dealer sales rep while friend shopping for new boat. Any truth to this rumor??
    Maybe they are ready to admit the layout on the Lynx was a mistake and are changing it.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

4. Member
    Champion 181 hybrid

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.coon View Post
    Maybe they are ready to admit the layout on the Lynx was a mistake and are changing it.
    They make different models for different folks but I do like the layout of my Lynx. I’m also a tall guy and the boat sets up great for that

I actually liked the layout of my Lynx.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

I always hoped for a BassCat Cheetah. No detune to really make a runner.

8. Member
    lynx is a great boat and floor plan??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    It is quite a bit narrower than the Ranger (93" vs 97") but only an inch less than the Toon (93" vs 94"). I haven't been in the Triton or a Z518 but my P2 was better when it got rough than my buddy's Z519 and was also faster than the Z519 with a 225 so I imagine it'd be faster than the Z518. I guess my point was that they're all in the same ballpark. Calling a boat that's 18'10" an 18 footer doesn't make sense to me. The only real difference I see is the width of the Ranger which has to be about the widest 18-19 footer out there. My buddy's Z519 is also 97" and is noticeably wider than my P2 was which I definitely don't mind when we're fishing team deals. Even a Caracal is only 96" although it carries that width pretty far forward.
    I 100% agree with this. The Z518 is closer to 19’ than 18’. My ideal boat would be the P2 length and layout with the front deck width of the Classic on a single axle trailer

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I actually liked the layout of my Lynx.
    Me too. At first I was a little hesitant on the asymmetry but I really find it well thought out.

11. Member
    I have really enjoyed the layout in my Lynx. Like has been said you have have to look past the unconventional look but it is very functional for me. I will say that if I had a dual console instead of a single I may have a slightly different opinion since I sit and re - rig where the passenger console would be. Only thing that bugs me is that the lids on the back deck rub the back of the seats when opening and closing.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivie View Post
    I have really enjoyed the layout in my Lynx. Like has been said you have have to look past the unconventional look but it is very functional for me. I will say that if I had a dual console instead of a single I may have a slightly different opinion since I sit and re - rig where the passenger console would be. Only thing that bugs me is that the lids on the back deck rub the back of the seats when opening and closing.
    i 2nd this!!!
    I don’t know how functional it would be if you had a second console. But I love the boat. Very happy. I like the unconventional!!

Well, not that it will ever matter but I like a clean, symmetrical design without the weird geometry, bumps, and indentations. My ideal Cat would be a stable, wide-decked, 19 1/2', 225, without the cramped bow configuration and I don't need it to do 80mph. Why do I even bother to say this? Because as a current owner, I strongly admire and value the quality construction and unparalleled customer service of BCB. Just not the designs.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

If someone walked up and said you can buy any BCB made right now what would it be.
    My 2 choices would be Puma STS or a Lynx

15. Member
    Admittedly, I’m not in the market at this time but as far as layout goes the coffin lid storage on the Eyra is great! I am surprised that it hasn’t carried over to other models. It is one of the main reasons I went with another Eyra over a puma or cougar.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    Champion 181 hybrid
    Ohhhh, that'd be a good one! I had a 171 at one point and I was comfortable running that little thing in pretty much any conditions.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I 100% agree with this. The Z518 is closer to 19’ than 18’. My ideal boat would be the P2 length and layout with the front deck width of the Classic on a single axle trailer
    +1 I wish the P2 had just a slightly bigger frame to it since the Caracal is closer to a 20' boat than 19'.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    If someone walked up and said you can buy any BCB made right now what would it be.
    My 2 choices would be Puma STS or a Lynx
    Eyra, then a Cougar. If I went basscat, I'd want a go fast model for sure. The Lynx looks to be a great size for tournament fishing bigger water, but I just couldn't get over the layout.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Member
    Well, let this thread go for a week or so before I concluded there is NO truth to the rumor. Personal opinions of what one wants in a boat, or design is one thing, but as far as addressing the original thread topic, no one has come forward so its safe to say at this time there is no known truth to this at this time. Most likely sales rep was just talking doo doo or one thing was said but interpreted as something completely different.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

20. Member
    5” longer Caracal would be a winner.