Keowee is calling

headed out later this morn, this former floridian gotta let it warm up a bit

2. Banned
    You miss the best part of the day on those lakes this time of year by not being out at daylight

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    You miss the best part of the day on those lakes this time of year by not being out at daylight
    it was 19 at my house before sunrise just cant do it yet need a bit more seasoning

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    it was 19 at my house before sunrise just cant do it yet need a bit more seasoning

19 at daylight on the lakes in that area is what you want……the colder it is, the better those fish eat

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Academy sells ski bibs! A thermos of tomato soup, bologna sammich and a spoon or drop shot about 11 AM makes you a better man.

6. Member
    Yup. We get plenty of cold weather here with mornings in the upper teens and 20's. A lifetime of deer hunting taught the value of neck gaiters. Simple and effective. I'll shed a lot of layers while fishing and leave the neck gaiter on.

I discovered bibs for snowmobilers years back. They tend to be more expensive, but they're warm, waterproof, and articulate exceptionally well. It's really a similar situation between the two: sitting, standing, squatting, in a head-wind, etc.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250