A long watch but interesting on rates and recession this year

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    They confirmed my thoughts on money supply and possible deflation. I think it won't be long and we'll be talking about the need to fight deflation. Interesting point about needing to cuts rates to near zero again to stimulate refinancing.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    They confirmed my thoughts on money supply and possible deflation. I think it won't be long and we'll be talking about the need to fight deflation. Interesting point about needing to cuts rates to near zero again to stimulate refinancing.
    The Fed wanting to show that the Fed put is now gone is going to be a shock to the market. Home prices are going to drop even faster once we hit that deflationary period. There were actually 3 parts to this roundtable. I think the second one is where they were discussing buying very long dated bonds.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'll watch all three. I prefer long form discussion over the 3 minute sound bites on TV.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    They are going to have to raise rates again and probably substantially. Real Estate is already starting to build steam again. GM posting good earnings. We are still running hot and getting hotter in some sectors.

6. Member
    I agree on hikes. Gas prices are rising again, real estate picking up in some areas and things are slowing down too much...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    500,000+ additional jobs reported today, 3.4% unemployment rate while wage growth is slowing.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    That's an impressive number.

The Fed needs to stop raising rates. Because what they have been doing isn't having the desired affect. Stop looking at outdated year over year inflation data and let this economy hum. A growing economy solves all our fiscal problems.
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    Inflation isn’t coming down anytime soon with 500k jobs added and meme stocks going bonkers again!

I am not liking the rate hike on these boat loans...I will be in the market soon and it doesn't look good
    Boatless

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ETexBasscat View Post
    Inflation isn’t coming down anytime soon with 500k jobs added and meme stocks going bonkers again!
    The tough part is that the Fed is going to be reluctant to ease even if inflation falls further because with a 3.4% unemployment rate people will start spending like crazy again with lower rates. Their greatest fear is easing and having it re-ignite. Barring a deep recession I don't see them cutting either this year or even next year. The market seems to disagree with me or is pricing in a recession.