BBC SPONSOR

Ultrex Lift Assist Upgrad Kit

Not sure how many of the folks in this forum are running Ultrex trolling motors but I bet that there might be a few that have both Active Target and Humminbird 360 hanging off of the ones that do have. I'm offering a replacement gas spring kit, along with all the hardware and instructions on how to install it, to cut the effort required to lift the trolling motor by at least 50%. It gets installed inside the upper portion of the base in place of the current spring, but it is longer due to the additional lift force it provides so the upper attach location is moved to the face of the upper portion of the mount and it looks like a factory installed option with nothing added to the exterior of the trolling motor base. Turns out it is very similar to the upgraded base from Minnkota, though I saw their kit after I had designed mine. I replace all of the plastic pieces used by Minnkota with 6061T6 aluminum so that everything will withstand the additional applied force for a long, long time.

I am charging $125 (the upgraded base from Minn Kota is $400) plus USPS Priority shipping for each kit and I pick up the Paypal fees.

Any hardcore Lowrance types need something like this?

Thanks for reading,

Ron
    Last edited by Ron Meadows; 01-14-2023 at 02:34 PM.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Interesting

3. Member
    Do you have any pictures? I am interested

4. Member
    I’m interested. Pics would be nice. Once order is placed, how long to receive?

5. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    He has a whole thread for this in the electrical/wiring/trolling motors section.

6. Member
    It's great! Ron did a heckuva' job.....👍

7. Member
    Ron
    the kit worked great and was easy to install
    Thank you Mel

Ron, I'm interested in ordering your kit for an ultrex 112 w/45" shaft. Can you provide me the details on how to order this kit from you?

9. Member
    Hi Ron, I have an Ultrex 52" 36V that I would like to purchase your upgraded lift assist kit for. Please let me know how to order and or contact you best. PM Sent as well.

Thanks, Joel

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

10. Member
    I would like to purchase Ron Meadows ultrex lift assist kit for a 2023 36 volt 60 inch shaft with a Mega 360 attached could Ron please contact me? My email is stevewarners@yahoo.com