Thread: New to me z20

New to me z20

Ok guys...looking at getting my first glass boat. Came across a 2020 z20 with 82 hours for $49k. As far as I can see, it's not missing much...8'talons...2 helix 10s...250 with hydraulic jackplate etc. From looking around I believe this to be a pretty damn good buy. Only problem is I'm 12 hours away and can't lay eyes on it. Dealer sent me over 100 pics, and it looks like the 9.5 out of 10 he described. What else should I be looking for/asking about before pulling the trigger? Any help or info is appreciated fellas

2. Member
    Looks like winner better not wait long, I’d ask hours on the motor, maintenance history and do the the trailer wheels need the hubs torqued for the recall. Can they transfer the warranty on the motor if it has an extended warranty.
    2020 Z19 Pro
    200hp Pro XS

3. Member
    Sounds like a good boat and decent price to me. Too bad you can't do a full inspection but, perhaps you can put some hold dollars down contingent upon a full inspection when you go to pick it up. Big items to look at are: 1) The motor - get service records and ask for full engine diag report; 2) Hull, Transom & lower unit - check for any signs of damage from underwater objects; 3) Inspect battery compartment and bilge - should be clean for that year and sniff test for any fuel leaks; 4) Test all electronic and electrical systems - Try every switch, nav lights, pumps, live well, trim switches, instruments, finders, etc. Be sure to include switches at bow. Ask if birds have latest update. If it has the electronic touch pad on dash test every touch point; 5) Trailer - Can be the source of a lot of issues and a PIA. Jack it up and check bearings carefully tighten and add grease before your trip home with it. Check tires, shackles, lights, entire frame for cracks including step and winch.

There may be small issues - always is with a boat - you care about the big stuff. If possible, see if a friend or family member that lives closer can do a visit and facetime review. Other option would be to hire an independent knowledgable bass boater or mechanic to inspect the boat for you for a few bucks.

Good luck and congrats on the find.
    ~ Best. Dave
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT

Look forward to you taking me fishing!
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere