Lure dye safe for elaztech plastics?

Has anyone found a lure dye that won’t melt elaztech plastics? I currently use the spike it garlic chartreuse dye, z-man and the floating strike king plastics…obviously, they don’t play well together! Thanks for any information! Scott

There was a pro on BTL a few years back, I think it was Stephen Browning, talking about dyeing Elaztech. He mentioned freezing them first as a solution. Specifically he was talking about JJ's Magic, and I *think* it was that the dye needed to be in the freezer, though I don't think it'd hurt to just put them both in the freezer. He did mention that it was a subtle dye, not nearly as strong as what you'd normally expect from JJ's.

FWIW, you don't have to worry about the JJ's freezing solid and busting or anything like that, so I'd have to assume the Spike It is the same. If you're curious, I happened up that when I decided there was no way the stuff was coming into the house with the rest of my tackle over the winter, so decided to risk it with it double-bagged and enclosed in a waterproof ammo can. It lasted stored in my boat unheated over several MN winters where it's been significantly colder than it would ever get in a household freezer. I'm getting off topic now, but it also seems to keep mice away!

I also had some marginal luck with the Spike-It worm and chunk paint. It melts the Elaztech like you'd expect, but it's viscous enough that it will dry after only melting some of the Elaztech. So if you apply to a part of a bait with some heft, it will work.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    Ty