Hamilton Lake Indiana Bass Fishing Video

This is a trip from last year right after ice out on Hamilton Lake in Indiana. It was one of those quick morning fishing trips you sneak in. Water temperature was running low 40's. Umbrella rig and jerkbait were the only two lures that I got some bites on.

https://rumble.com/v250hjw-indiana-b...66lt3&mc=9e0fe
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Nice Vid! Thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy19 View Post
    Nice Vid! Thanks for sharing!!
    Thanks bud. Much appreciated. Good luck on the water this year.

I like the video!

I'd never heard of Hamilton before today. Even though I spent a good deal of time in Angola on a project a few years ago. I started doing some research on it and there was a fair bit of mention of Northern Pike in the lake. Is that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    I like the video!

I'd never heard of Hamilton before today. Even though I spent a good deal of time in Angola on a project a few years ago. I started doing some research on it and there was a fair bit of mention of Northern Pike in the lake. Is that the case?
    I fished it for the first time last fall for a tournament. They pay $50 to the biggest non bass weighed in. An 8.5 lb northern won it. Of course, the only fish I caught was a 7.5 lb dogfish. lol
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1234 View Post
    I fished it for the first time last fall for a tournament. They pay $50 to the biggest non bass weighed in. An 8.5 lb northern won it. Of course, the only fish I caught was a 7.5 lb dogfish. lol
    I caught one of those at Lemon a few years ago. It was one of the hardest hit's I have had from a freshwater fish, then the fight was meh. It did pretty much mangle my spinnerbait

8. Member
    I like the video!

Y e s lots of pike too
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

I like the video!

Yes, it does have some really big pike in there. The shad population and tons of small perch and bluegill keep them well fed. Bass weights are impressive most of the year. Lots of 3 and 4 lbers in there.

Very interesting stuff thanks gentlemen.

I’m going to have to make a trip north this spring to harras the pike this spring. Don’t worry, I won’t bother the bass. I get enough of those down south here and just want to chase pike closer to home than Canada.

Very interesting stuff thanks gentlemen.

I’m going to have to make a trip north this spring to harras the pike this spring. Don’t worry, I won’t bother the bass. I get enough of those down south here and just want to chase pike closer to home than Canada.
    Clear Lake isn't too far from Hamilton near Fremont Indiana. It holds the state record Pike last time I checked. It's another option if you plan on fishing more than one day up this way. Clear lake which is its name pretty much says it all. Good idea to fish it on cloudy windy days to do better. There is a video from that lake on the channel as well. Think I may have caught pike or two in that video. I've ice fished it and seen some jumbos looking down the hole.

12. Member
    Any Clear Lake tips worth sharing for newbies going up there? I've heard that non-resident ramp access and parking can be a challenge for some of the northern lakes.
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by BackLash625 View Post
    Any Clear Lake tips worth sharing for newbies going up there? I've heard that non-resident ramp access and parking can be a challenge for some of the northern lakes.
    Parking is a little tricky. You have to park your vehicle at angle along the road. There is plenty of room, but just make sure you don't have your trailer sticking out in the road. They do ticket for that. Just right of the ramp on the east side is a good weed bank that always holds pike. The east side of the island has lots of pike there as well along the drop off. I believe I have one on video in this link below from that area. There is a good drone view of the lake in this video as well. It seems the last few times I've fished that lake the pike population has grown. You seem to catch lots more than you have in the past. Walleye population is good too. Probably getting fat on all those perch in that lake. One nice thing about Clear lake is you can run into some jumbo smallmouth. Hard to beat a good topwater bite when it's on.

https://rumble.com/vt00sk-bass-fishi...66lt3&mc=9e0fe

It took 23.18 lbs for first this weekend on Hamilton Lake.
    2nd was 16.02
    3rd was 15.67
    4th was 15.03
    5th was 14.96

B.B. was 5.69 lbs.