Question Mercury Clean Power

This may have been answered before but I did not find it. What exactly does this do or what does it effect? It doesn't replace the main motor cables so i'm confused.
    Mercury clean power.jpg

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

2. Member
    Per Mr. Don Weed

The "Clean Power" harness provides a consistent 12V battery power supply DIRECT for the PCM's use to control critical engine functions. This helps to alleviate many of the voltage spikes and drops that can occur on the primary battery cable's circuit (due to varying loads that occur).

Ok, thanks. So the PCM has its own wired connection to the battery then. Makes sense, thanks

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby Moser View Post
    Per Mr. Don Weed

The "Clean Power" harness provides a consistent 12V battery power supply DIRECT for the PCM's use to control critical engine functions. This helps to alleviate many of the voltage spikes and drops that can occur on the primary battery cable's circuit (due to varying loads that occur).
    Not sure I could have answered it better myself.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor