Advice for looking at a used V20

I'm going to be looking at a 2016 V20 in the next day or so. After some research, I know that the sagging deck is sort of the big thing to watch out for on these boats. Can anyone give some advice on what exactly to look for to see if the boat has this problem? For example, does it usually occur on one side vs. the other? I'm guessing forward of the center storage compartment? My expectation is that it would be more likely on the left (port) side due to the right side needing additional reinforcement for the day box, but I obviously don't know for sure.

Assuming it doesn't have the issue, would you all take that as an indication that it's a "good one" and that it's not likely to have it in the future?

Anything else I should be watching for?

With some luck, I may be joining the family soon! Thanks in advance!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Member
    If you watch this guy's videos you know he is a straight shooter. If something sucks, he tells you it sucks. Team Marine Service in LaCross, WI. Video is his opinion of a 2017 V20.

3. Member
    I've had a couple V-20's. Bring a 3 or 4 foot level and put it on the front deck right where you would stand in front of the trolling motor and that will tell you everything. Also look for the stress cracks in the corners where the seats meet the center console and on the step to the top deck in the corners they are just in the gel coat. They are strictly cosmetic and some colors you really have to get down and look with a flashlight to see them. I have a buddy that has a 2015 and has the small gel coat cracks and they have never expanded. I had them in both my '15 & '16 and wouldn't deter me from buying another one. The front deck issue is where I would focus my attention. It happened mainly on the 2015's and then they changed the width of the stringers and risers at some point and eliminated the problem. Mine only sagged a little and never got any worse. Good luck with your purchase. They are great boats.

Dude from Team Marine in that video is the man! He is my absolute favorite person for an honest review of anything and he is a no BS kind of guy.
    Last edited by Craigjc00; 01-15-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Awesome advice. Thank you guys!

The buyer got back to me and by the time he did, the boat is already being looked at by another potential buyer's mechanic. We'll see what happens there, but I'm guessing it's already off the market. The thing that sucks is that I'll really have to go over with it with a fine-toothed comb if that buyer ends up not getting it...
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    Drew, if your in the Fort Worth area, I’m looking into selling my 2017 V20, I have the stress cracks at the left side step down, but no issues with the sagging floor,
    2017 V20 Dual console Mercury Pro 250XS, 550 hrs. Fury 23P 4blade & Fury 24P 3Blade, Atlas Jack plate, 10’ Power pole blades, lithium batteries. Electronics are negotiable, pm for pics
    jon