Pro 170 recessed pedal

Looking for some pictures or some advice on a recessed foot pedal install on a 2021 pro 170, I purchased a panther trolling motor recessed pedal tray from Bass pro and when I set it on the deck of my boat it looks huge and only sits about 4"" from the post of the front butt seat, after researching a couple of other trays I did find one that is 2" shorter and would put it a little further ahead of the seat but even that seems too close. any pics or suggestions would help
    2018 zx 190
    150 v-max sho

2. Member
    What I did was remove the front panel, that piece that lays down at a 45. Mark the deck, cut it out, and install the tray. When putting the front panel back down you'll have to notch out a section to accommodate the foot pedal cables. It will gain you about 4 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    What I did was remove the front panel, that piece that lays down at a 45. Mark the deck, cut it out, and install the tray. When putting the front panel back down you'll have to notch out a section to accommodate the foot pedal cables. It will gain you about 4 inches.
    Thanks Andrew, Something along those lines seems to be my only option to get more room I'm just not real crazy about the idea of having the tray extend beyond and under the 45° panel
    2018 zx 190
    150 v-max sho

4. Member
    Look under the floor for cross members. You don"t want to cut into supports. I didn't see mine until after I cut that big hole in the floor. I missed that support by 2 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Look under the floor for cross members. You don"t want to cut into supports. I didn't see mine until after I cut that big hole in the floor. I missed that support by 2 inches.
    Was that on a pro 170?
    I was under the impression that the supports ran from bow to stern and I should be good as long as I don't go to wide
    2018 zx 190
    150 v-max sho

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantzx190 View Post
    Was that on a pro 170?
    I was under the impression that the supports ran from bow to stern and I should be good as long as I don't go to wide
    Mine is a 190 but I can't imagine not having any supports running port to starboard.

Done.
    Supports run bow to stern
    2018 zx 190
    150 v-max sho

Theres a face book group on the tracker 170's specifically and they have alot of pictures of those installs. I do like the ones that guys did where they shoved the tray under the front panel a bit to really run the pedal forward as much as possible. Good to know on the braces. I plan on doing my 2016 when I get my hands on it.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"