Unknown tank in seating area

I have a mess of a 1989 18' fish and ski I believe it's called. In the center of the seats is a small tank with an aerator tube but nothing else. I've been using it as an ice chest. Is there supposed to be a pump to fill it? It drains right into the bilge. Any info appreciated. Thanks

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    What are the storage units behind your seats? On some of the FNS configurations with a rear and front live well but the forward live well was basically useless. Most owners used them for wet storage.

3. Member
    1985 184 F/S. Photo shows rear wall of live well under center cushion of "Bark w/Seashell welt quilted wrap/around (bench) seat". Also have a front deck live well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tj; 01-13-2023 at 08:52 AM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

4. Member
    Directly behind my seats is a full width livewell with 2 lids and a pedestal seat area in the middle and then the gas tank and battery area. Didn't see any hose going into the little tank. Too small for anything bigger than a six pack and a bag of ice. Thanks for the help

Could it be a bait well?

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Funny there isn't a 184 fish n ski listed as a bass boat configuration but there is a 184 SS listed in the 1989 Sales Brochure. There is a 176 FNS listed though. I've got an 1989 201 FNS.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Could it be a bait well?
    Mark, no it's a livewell. My 90 176 was like that. It had a livewell between the rod lockers just aft of the front deck and one between the seats. I think it was a super Champ. I had the boxed rod locker lids that opened to the inside but didn't have the cushions.

Front livewell just behind the seat

Rear Livewell between the driver and passenger

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Tell you what, if it is an '89 either shoot me your email via PM or post it here and either Reggie or I will send it to you.

9. Member
    Turns out what I have is an 89 184SC. That little tank is an ice box which is what I used it for. Thanks to everyone that helped me out.