Thread: Puma STS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Sherm is the man!

Pick up tomorrow at noon. 
    It took 7 months to get a new Bass Cat?

The marine business exploded during CoVid and we were backed up extensively. Much like the engine companies that have yet no caught up. The new Puma STS, and STS series, had tremendous demand. It is unlike any we’ve seen since introduction of the Pantera II in the 1988-1992 era.

Today our side has slipped back to just above a normal demand load. Presently production can get boats delivered in about 12-14 weeks macimum, some models less time. That may change either way with the economy and new program year in July.

All marine companies saw unprecedented demand during CoVid and engine branded propellers are in extreme short supply. The engines are in short supply as well and electronics companies seem to be mostly caught up now, as are other vendors.

BCB

3. Member
    Boat hit the water yesterday for the break in. Absolutely amazing.

Question….is there a specific net that will fit in the net cubby?

20” hoop and you might have to trim it to just under 72” long, but try the 72” model.

Glad you like it!

5. Member
    Thank you. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how. Lol

6. Member
    Whomever stuck a huge aluminum drain in the floor board wasn't clearly thinking. Great place for hooks and weights to go. No rubber grommets under the screws of said aluminum drain, so all you hear every wave is a "BAMP" sound. By placing that large drain there the hull is exposed and sounds like your riding in an aluminum boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSURodney View Post
    Whomever stuck a huge aluminum drain in the floor board wasn't clearly thinking. Great place for hooks and weights to go. No rubber grommets under the screws of said aluminum drain, so all you hear every wave is a "BAMP" sound. By placing that large drain there the hull is exposed and sounds like your riding in an aluminum boat.
    Had my STS for about a year and frankly never noticed the sound. Worried about the bigger openings in the drain cover but hasn't been a problem so far (now I've probably jinxed myself). Overall I love the boat, would only tweak few things. I'd move the passenger seat about 4 inches towards the middle of the boat to give passenger rods a little more room. Also had trouble with the new rod straps, the buckles keep coming apart on me so I need to order another one (hope they re-engineer them soon).

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSURodney View Post
    Whomever stuck a huge aluminum drain in the floor board wasn't clearly thinking. Great place for hooks and weights to go. No rubber grommets under the screws of said aluminum drain, so all you hear every wave is a "BAMP" sound. By placing that large drain there the hull is exposed and sounds like you’re riding in an aluminum boat.
    you ever get into big water and take one over you will be glad that drain is in there.
    and as far as the person that put that drain there I believe that would be one Mr Rick Pierce and I’m not going to question his judgment. As there is a reason for that drain.

9. Member
    Maybe these pics will show up??

Puma 1.pngPuma 2.jpgPuma 3.jpg

10. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Member
    Beautiful

12. Member
    That rig is just awesome looking
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

13. Member
    Sweet ride!