2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS tilit & trim problem

I have a 2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS. It tilts up and down fine but if i tilt it up and leave it for an hour or more the motor is down. I have checked the seal on the rams and they don't seem to be not leaking at all. I also checked the trim oil, it was just a little low so i added some. Like I said the trim goes up and down great but it just want stay trimmed up.. Any ideas ????????????????????????

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

One of the most common causes is a manual relief screw that is loose, or has broken at the very end.

Next in line are relief valves, check valves, and internal trail-over valves.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    How much would it cost to rebuild valves and stuff??

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Depends on the shop's labor rates- at a certain point you're going to go completely through the system and rebuild. Talk with a local dealer's shop to determine estimated cost (be sure to have your serial number handy).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Mine was doing that and I replaced plastic screw valve. Worked perfect after
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823