Question Vessel View Mobile Device

Can I use an iPad mini instead of a phone?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can use virtually any IOS device that can connect via bluetooth, and has the VesselView MOBILE app installed on it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks Don, have an email in to Rhonda. May be seeing you soon.

4. Member
    You can use any Android or Apple BT device. VVM is not limited to iOS and works perfectly for those of us not stranglehold by the Apple machine.
    Last edited by JS!; 01-10-2023 at 10:35 PM.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

Does device need a cellular or wifi connection or just blue tooth?

6. Member
    Just blue tooth. I've got a rugged android tablet I use that's not cellular. I only connect it to wifi for updates and such.

Thanks Woody

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffism View Post
    Can I use an iPad mini instead of a phone?
    The above question was why I mentioned "IOS Device". Posts are specific to one person and their question (or at least they should be).

Android-based devices can also be used.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    iPad and iPhone have become universal for tablets and cell phones much like aspirin for pain relief. There is only one brand of aspirin and that is Bayer and is a registered trademark.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

Any concern with module draining start battery while stored?

11. Member
    Vessel View Mobile is not powered unless the key is switched on. That said I would still recommend maintaining the battery while stored regardless of having VVM or not.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffism View Post
    Any concern with module draining start battery while stored?
    No, however the statement that it's "not powered unless the key is switched on" is a bit misleading. Module MAY remain powered for approximately 10 minutes after key is turned off, and may "wake" if trim is activated in some cases.

Thanks Tracker. Thanks Don, I asked because the power light was still on after key off. I did not wait 10 minutes or try the trim. Your reply makes total sense and not something I thought of but, should have. I have a 22 F150 and it does all kinds of clicking for a while after key off. Thanks again.

14. Member
    I bought a cheapo Android tablet off <Announcements>, supposedly waterproof. Works great with Vesselview app, still trying to figure out a good mounting location and fixture, though.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 01-30-2023 at 01:54 PM. Reason: See Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffth View Post
    I bought a cheapo Android tablet off Amazon, supposedly waterproof. Works great with Vesselview app, still trying to figure out a good mounting location and fixture, though.
    I’ll be using a ram mount with a tablet holder for my IPad with Vessel View. I think I’m going to mount it to the left of my Garmin 106sv on a BBT single console mount, but I’m not sure yet.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    Just blue tooth. I've got a rugged android tablet I use that's not cellular. I only connect it to wifi for updates and such.
    When you say rugged, do you mean with a rugged case or rugged model. If so, mind sharing which one you have?
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks