Trophy Bassmasters 2023 Indian Lake Spring Open

After 44 Open tournaments in the past 45 years, the Trophy Bassmasters are regretfully not going to continue in 2023 with the popular Indian Lake event. We wish to thank all the particpants that have become good friends and who looked forward to the annual spring event. Possibly in the future we will put on the event again.

2. Member
    is that due to the terrible lake conditions?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    is that due to the terrible lake conditions?
    Possible contributor. Others are weather in early spring and increased competition for the tournament dollar. Our entry numbers got to the point where it was not profitable to run the tournament. Believe me, it was very disappointing to make the decision after such a long run with the event, but the outcome did not justify the work. We ran a simple raffle last fall and made considerably more profit without near the amount of effort.

4. Member
    Man that sucks was always a good one to fish.

5. Member
    I'm that it was a good tournament but man that lake stinks in my opinion. I have fished it many times with 1-2 fish days, or no fish days. I feel like 10 yrs ago or maybe a little more it used to be so much better. But I am also just not a great fisherman lol.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sala0288 View Post
    I'm that it was a good tournament but man that lake stinks in my opinion. I have fished it many times with 1-2 fish days, or no fish days. I feel like 10 yrs ago or maybe a little more it used to be so much better. But I am also just not a great fisherman lol.
    We have always had good catch results in this tournament. Spring, shallow dark bottomed lake, warmed up early. Big bass regularly pushed 5lbs with winning weights in the teens for 5 fish. It is Ohio also and a very popular heavily fished lake so tough fishing is expected. Local knowledge was key.