Advice On Graph Set-Up

Hey guys, I have a 2019 cougar, I am currently running a single hds 9 carbon up front with the ghost. This one 9 units is doing live sonar, 2D, mapping and DI. I'm not using DI as much as the other 3 functions, and I'm often switching between AT and 2D, more so when smallmouth fishing off shore. I'm looking for either a second hds 9 or one hds 12. I'm not a fan of clutter around my deck so I'm leaning toward a single hds 12 mounted on the factory ballzout mount.

Thoughts...?

2. Member
    I do not have a 2019 but when I added another graph to the bow of my 2008 Cougar, i went with the Bassboat Technologies Dual Pedestal Mount. I am running a Elite 9 for mapping and 2d and a HDS 9 carbon for active target and ghost 360. Zero clutter on the deck, mounts in the same area as the Ballzout mount

3. Member
    x2 on Bass Boat Tech. Balzout makes a nice unit too, but I preferred the 1 arm design of the BBT

4. Member
    I'd say 2 graphs stacked with the BBT mount. I have an 8 and a 12 and don't feel cluttered at all.

5. Member
    I think if I were to build a new boat, I'd go with a single 12 up front as running livescope with a small slice of mapping would work fine for me. But in your case, since you already have a 9 up front, I would just add another 9, one dedicated to FFS, the other one with mapping and 2D. Clutter wouldn't be a big issue.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I've got two Helx 12s on the bow using a Bassboat Technology offset mount, love it. One I use as educated 360 Mega, the other for mapping and two D.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

7. Member
    Would that ballzout mount support 2 hds 9"..? That bass boat technology dual mount is slick, I'd rather spend the money on beer instead. That mound is not cheap by the time I exchange to Canadian and have it shipped and pay duty. That's mound will be over $600. I'm thinking I can fabricate a simple bracket that will stack both 9's on the ballzout mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    Would that ballzout mount support 2 hds 9"..? That bass boat technology dual mount is slick, I'd rather spend the money on beer instead. That mound is not cheap by the time I exchange to Canadian and have it shipped and pay duty. That's mound will be over $600. I'm thinking I can fabricate a simple bracket that will stack both 9's on the ballzout mount.
    I had a Balzout on my Lynx, they are great s well.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

I would add another 9 vs the 12. I'm like you I dont like all the clutter and I also like to be able to use the step on the trailer and enter the boat over the nose without tripping/ hanging a shoe. Balzout makes a duel arm short mount that may cover the pre existing holes. Bass cat has been installing them a bit over the past year on new orders. https://www.balzoutllc.com/product-page/dual-mount

Call those guys and the factory and I would run whatever the shortest two arms I could get on there. Since your in the north and probably getting into the rough stuff.

pics of it on a cat https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ual-bow-mount/
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I would add another 9 vs the 12. I'm like you I dont like all the clutter and I also like to be able to use the step on the trailer and enter the boat over the nose without tripping/ hanging a shoe. Balzout makes a duel arm short mount that may cover the pre existing holes. Bass cat has been installing them a bit over the past year on new orders. https://www.balzoutllc.com/product-page/dual-mount

Call those guys and the factory and I would run whatever the shortest two arms I could get on there. Since your in the north and probably getting into the rough stuff.

pics of it on a cat https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ual-bow-mount/
    saw this one, it's nice as well. I think I'm gonna modify the current balzout to stack 2 hds 9 units. I think it should work out fine. I will lower the arm a little as well.

11. Member
    I had a single BBT pedestal mount with a 12” HDS12. Really clean and rock solid. Liked it better than my old Balzout. I recently added a second 12” unit at the bow and switched to a Hennessy Outdoors Dual Adjustable mount and it’s perfect for my needs.
    I still have the BBT if you are interested.
    Last edited by JBIGUNS; 01-14-2023 at 05:49 PM.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

If I was doing duals at the front, hands down I would go with the mount that Hennessee Outdoors has

13. Member
    Dual graphs stacked with a BBT mount. Love mine....mine is also the model boat on BBT's website so I'm a little partial

I have the low profile "Taki" mount on mine.