Crooked, Douglas, Black Lake?

Hey all, there is a pretty big tournament at Mullett/Burt during our annual stay there. Instead of getting in the way was thinking about exploring one of the three lakes listed in the title but cannot find any info on them. If you had one day to fish which lake would you pick? Appreciate any info.

2. Member
    I'd go Douglas, but they all are fun to fish. Best part of fishing Douglas is you get to go to the Douglas Lake Bar (which is right next to the launch) for lunch after hammering smallies all day.

Douglas has tons of weeds and lots of pike. Some decent smallmouth action around the point and flat down from the restaurant. Parking really limited. Crooked a fun lake, but I would imagine guys will be coming down the chain and maybe fishing that one too. I haven't been on Black, but heard it has some giants in it. It's been on the bucket list. Here is a link that will give you a little aerial of Crooked lake. I'll post another link with some better fish catches from there a few years ago. You will have fun no matter what lake you hit.

https://rumble.com/v16rtf7-crooked-l...66lt3&mc=9e0fe

https://rumble.com/vbh0i9-crooked-la...66lt3&mc=9e0fe

4. Member
    I’d recommend Black if you want consistent fishing. Douglas is extremely shallow launch and light on parking options. I also don’t think it fished as well as guys say it does. Crooked is a fun lake but if it’s the same derby I think you’re referring to (early June), then crooked will be in play for some guys in that derby. Black is truly untouched and has the best chance at solid fish and less traffic. May take a few extra minutes to get there but hopefully you have the place ti yourself this year.

good luck either way.

5. Member
    Send me a PM of exactly when you are going to be up here. I have info and ideas that might help that I am not willing to make public knowledge.