Orlando next week

I was given a free trip to Orlando last night. My wife has to go to the Shaw flooring convention. So I get to play golf or fish while she works all day. Sounds like the perfect vacation 😄. We will get there Sunday afternoon and leave Wednesday. Weather is looking great for either activity. Which lake would be my best option for a short notice guide trip and who do you recommend?

2. Member
    I'm staying a Rosen Shingle Creek resort. What would be my closest option? Open to going to Lake Toho but that would require me to rent a car, that wasn't part of the plan but isn't a problem.

3. Member
    Last minute would be tough this time of year, I would think.
    Could be wrong. Maybe call the Resort and ask if they know someone to get you bass fishing there. I don't know if it would be something they get asked often by visitors.
    If nothing else, maybe they will tell you they can shuttle bus you to Disney for fishing, or somewhere else. But a call shouldn't hurt. Wish you luck!

4. Member
    https://www.chucksguideservice.com/disney.html

That name comes up sometimes I believe. And site says picks you up. But does he have a opening? I know nothing about the guy, just trying to help get you bass fishing.
    I wish I could fish! Miss it!

5. Member
    Thanks for the suggestion, i'll check him out especially since he will pick me up.

6. Member
    Chuck Pippin

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I was given a free trip to Orlando last night. My wife has to go to the Shaw flooring convention. So I get to play golf or fish while she works all day. Sounds like the perfect vacation . We will get there Sunday afternoon and leave Wednesday. Weather is looking great for either activity. Which lake would be my best option for a short notice guide trip and who do you recommend?
    Disney World. I'm not kidding. They have guided bass trips on the lakes in the park and there are monsters to be had but like 250Bass said, may be tough short notice this time of year.

I just google earth where you are staying and I would take a rod and some baits and fish some of those lake around. Some people might sneak out at night and fish the golf course lakes around your place (watch out for gators) I also see a big pond to the east of your place that has a walking path around it. Some of these lakes can be loaded with good bass.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassdeer View Post
    I just google earth where you are staying and I would take a rod and some baits and fish some of those lake around. Some people might sneak out at night and fish the golf course lakes around your place (watch out for gators) I also see a big pond to the east of your place that has a walking path around it. Some of these lakes can be loaded with good bass.
    Fishing is allowed at the resort we are staying at, but I'm flying so I'm not bringing any rods. I found a guide to take me on Tuesday at Johns Lake.

10. Member
    Good luck - Johns lake has some good fish!
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

11. Member
    Fishing is allowed at the resort we are staying at, but I'm flying so I'm not bringing any rods. I found a guide to take me on Tuesday at Johns Lake.
    Glad you were able to get you a trip out.

12. Member
    How did it go?

13. Member
    It was terrible. Ended up fishing Apopka instead of Johns Lake. The fish were still messed up from the cold front over the weekend. Had a few fish come unbottoned, that felt good, but never saw them. Ended up with 1 3-4lbs LM, 2 big Tilapia, and a giant gizzard shad.

14. Member
    It was terrible. Ended up fishing Apopka instead of Johns Lake. The fish were still messed up from the cold front over the weekend. Had a few fish come unbottoned, that felt good, but never saw them. Ended up with 1 3-4lbs LM, 2 big Tilapia, and a giant gizzard shad.
    Hate to read it was terrible.
    Appreciate you replying. Was hoping you had a blast!

15. Member
    I had a good time, regardless. It was still better than being at work!

16. Member
    Im heading down there next week to orlando. Which guide did you use, and how long? I was thinking toho or something like that. But i also am looking for an afternoon or something of the sorts. Thanks.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Im heading down there next week to orlando. Which guide did you use, and how long? I was thinking toho or something like that. But i also am looking for an afternoon or something of the sorts. Thanks.
    PM Sent