Navionics Vision+ card

Purchased the Navionics Vision+ card however I can5 get my EchoMap 106 sv Ultras to read the card.
    I have used Active Captain and it says my subscription is active however I am not picking up the card.
    Just install 3 106 Ultras on my boat and trying to get up and running. What am I doing wrong?

Did you purchase the physical card or just the download option? Could be a software issue if older software is on your units. 19.10 added compatibility with Navionics mapping and current version is 22.10. Have you connected AC to your Garmin system? See the videos and links below for additional info:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/mar...nd%20navionics
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Yes, I purchased the physical US Western Vision + card. I have updated software to version 22.10 via AC.
    it shows my subscription active however does not list my card or show the detailed maps when I scroll over to one of my lakes.
    What I did notice is the graph with the card install doesn’t show Lake details but the second graph at my console shows Lake detail. Not sure why that is. I’ve watched the videos and have done that.
    Not sure what to try now.

To see if your units are recognizing the mapping card, go to Home, Settings, System, System Info, Software Info, then see if you have a listing of the Navionics mapping under Supplemental Maps. Also, are you viewing Fishing Chart on each unit or Navigation Chart? Fishing Chart will have all the details.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    I checked the settings like you mentioned and it appears to recognize the Navionics Vision+ card in all three graphs. What I found now is that the 106 graph that has the actual Navionics card in the slot does not show any contours but the other 2 106 graphs networked with it do. See pics The picture with the lake showing no contours is the one that has the physical card in the slot.
    i can’t seem to figure this out. Any help is much appreciated.
    324788A8-88C5-4857-9959-6DC65A9E25FD.jpeg7EFE684A-01FB-4E66-84E7-C33329880BCF.jpeg66BB3BFB-213F-456F-B244-D07EC79FA0EA.jpegA4BC345D-D3CA-4994-A26A-A9A57E4C60A2.jpeg

Regarding the unit not showing the contours, are you viewing the Fishing Chart on that unit (not the Navigation Chart)? Do you have another SD card inserted into that unit along with the Navionics card?
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Member
    Yes, the pictures shown are of the fishing chart.
    I do have another card for active captain, in the same unit as the Navionics.
    Should I put the Active Captain card in another unit?
    could that be my issue?

Finally had a chance to get the boat out yesterday and on my bow graph, 106sv also, that I use for mapping and 2D, my map would spin around making it appear that what I’m fishing is behind me or we’ll off to the wrong size. Once I hit my trolling motor to move it corrects itself and shows thr island or point in proper orientation to the boat and the direction I’m fishing. Let off from the trolling for a bit and it spins itself around again.
    Tried changing some settings and orientation but couldn’t get that resolved.

Having the AC card in the same unit with Navionics shouldn't be causing this. Current software for the Ultras is 23.10 released earlier in January. Go ahead and update all units to see if this corrects your issue and report back.

Regarding the map spinning at very low trolling speeds or while still, this is expected behavior without a heading sensor (compass) installed. I assume you don't have one?
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Thank you Todd.
    I will update the software tomorrow and see if that fixes the card issue.

the heading sensor you are referring to, is the Steadycast Heading Sensor on the Garmin website?

Yes, the SteadyCast is only a heading sensor and would correct your map spinning issue. An additional option is the GPS 24xd, which is a heading sensor and an external GPS antenna. Both are NMEA2000 devices so you will need to have this network installed.
    Garmin Pro Team

11. Member
    Thank you for that information. I do have NMEA2000 installed. I’m guessing the GPS 24xd would be the best solution.

I updated software today to 23.10 and still have issue with the 106 that has the Navionics Vision+ card and Active Captain card not showing any lake details, but the other 2 106sv on the network do.

Chart subscription is active.
    Is there a way to tell is the graphs are reading the Vision+ card or the preloaded g3 lake maps?
    On the Lowrance units I replaced, you selected the mapping card or preloaded maps but I do not see any setting to select one or the other.

Let's check one more setting before we get Support directly involved. Under the Chart Menu, make sure your Fishing Contours are enabled via Chart Menu, Layers, Water, Fishing Contours.
    Garmin Pro Team

Not to hijack this thread but I am also having issues with the Navionics Vision+.

I renewed my subscription a few days ago... It shows active and current through 2024 on my Active Captain App but no updates are being transferred to my units. My Units still show that my subscription is still set to expire in a few days despite several attempts to sync the app with my units.
    I've downloaded my local lakes but lakes on the app show no information other than my waypoints... no contours etc.

Will be back on the phone with customer service tomorrow.
    Last edited by J D; 01-26-2023 at 06:03 PM.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

14. Member
    Todd,
    That was it!
    Once turned that on , the mapping completely changed showing much more detail and color like I was hoping the Navionics Vision+ would be.
    Thank you so much for the help.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Both are NMEA2000 devices so you will need to have this network installed.
    damn now i gotta add a backbone to the yak!

16. Member
    Piece of cake for you. I'm sure you got one laying around somewhere!
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

17. Banned
    i sold everything. i didnt even realize the steadycast was nmea

18. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I may as well jump in here with my .02 cents worth of issues I've had trying load my new Navionics+ card for the last couple of days.

I've got my 106's on the bench and thought it would be a piece of cake to upload the new maps card. Only updating the console unit with the plan to hook up the other two after updates and let the network take care of updating the other two. AC wouldn't connect so I reset the app. Got it to connect and the unit told me the maps were active. So decided to delete all of my waypoints clean them up on Google Earth and then reload. Worked great. Connected the next unit fired them up and everyone of my 88 waypoints reverted back to their original names and symbols. Deleted all on all units again and reloaded. Renamed and re symboled. Worked great. Connected to AC to sync and again they reverted back to original. Removed them all again, formatted a new AC card reloaded renamed re symboled and all are back to the updated waypoints on all three units.

The problem I'm having is that all of the new contours on one of my local lakes is gone. They were there before the updates. All other lakes are good. This particular lake was just renovated a few years ago but the new contours jettys and structure were on my map before the updates and before downloading the Nav+ card.

I called Garmin support six times starting at 0800 this morning and left a call back number. Each time I got a call back 15-20 minutes later and when I answered it said to push 1 if I was ready to talk to a rep. Pushed 1 and no one was there and then the system said "time is up goodbye". So I called them a 7th time and decided to hold. An hour and 17 minutes later I hung up. They must be inundated with software mapping update calls because I've never had to hold for Garmin support for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadStiK View Post
    I may as well jump in here with my .02 cents worth of issues I've had trying load my new Navionics+ card for the last couple of days.

I've got my 106's on the bench and thought it would be a piece of cake to upload the new maps card. Only updating the console unit with the plan to hook up the other two after updates and let the network take care of updating the other two. AC wouldn't connect so I reset the app. Got it to connect and the unit told me the maps were active. So decided to delete all of my waypoints clean them up on Google Earth and then reload. Worked great. Connected the next unit fired them up and everyone of my 88 waypoints reverted back to their original names and symbols. Deleted all on all units again and reloaded. Renamed and re symboled. Worked great. Connected to AC to sync and again they reverted back to original. Removed them all again, formatted a new AC card reloaded renamed re symboled and all are back to the updated waypoints on all three units.

The problem I'm having is that all of the new contours on one of my local lakes is gone. They were there before the updates. All other lakes are good. This particular lake was just renovated a few years ago but the new contours jettys and structure were on my map before the updates and before downloading the Nav+ card.

I called Garmin support six times starting at 0800 this morning and left a call back number. Each time I got a call back 15-20 minutes later and when I answered it said to push 1 if I was ready to talk to a rep. Pushed 1 and no one was there and then the system said "time is up goodbye". So I called them a 7th time and decided to hold. An hour and 17 minutes later I hung up. They must be inundated with software mapping update calls because I've never had to hold for Garmin support for that long.
    Send me a PM with your name, phone number, and email address and I'll have Support reach out Monday morning.
    Garmin Pro Team

20. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Send me a PM with your name, phone number, and email address and I'll have Support reach out Monday morning.
    I appreciate that Todd. I sent them an email via their website asking them to call me Monday. If that doesn't happen I may ask you to assist.

To be completely honest and transparent (and I put this in my email to them) I think I corrupted my new card when I did a "format card" with the Navionics Plus and AC card installed while attempting to reset my AC app. I really wanted to talk to them to ask what files are supposed to be on the Navionics card. A photo of the files on mine is attached. Its the "acdb" folder and "GarminDevice.XML" file that has me wondering if this was added when I formatted the new card.

And there is still the question about lost contour lines on lakes that had them before. All of my 106's have the latest software

Update: Finally got through to a Garmin rep this morning. Very helpful and was generous with almost an hour of his time. Was able to answer all of my questions and went above and beyond with a refresher of how the built in maps an map updates and AC interact. Having said that he was still not able to explain why I lost updated contouring on one of my recently renovated local lakes when I had them before I downloaded the Navionics plus charts. He said he would check and if there are any updates I would be notified via the AC app.

The other thing I had a question about was why is the detail of the contour lines and depth changes on the Nav Chart better than the lines on the Fishing Chart, and why Water shading works on the Fishing Chart but not the Nav Chart? Never did get a real answer on this one other than hopefully an update will take care of it and stating that the shading is not required on the Nav Chart. Head scratcher(?). If you're navigating wouldn't you like to have the ability to make the shallower water jump out at you in Red on your chart? Maybe it will take or sync when I'm on the water don't know?
    Last edited by RangrSkipr; 01-30-2023 at 12:19 PM.