Blades making funny noise

OK, so I have a couple of Power Pole blades on my boat. It has the pumps that has three buttons on top, up, down, and red in the center. I noticed that one pumps led does not blink unless you push one of the buttons. The other blinks constantly. While working around the boat I keep hearing a tone every few minutes. I am sure it's coming from one of the pumps but I can't pin it down. It's about a 4 note tune. Anyone else had this issue and does your leds constantly blink or do they stop after a while?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Not sure if your talking generation CM1 or CM2 but...

Either generation will have a flashing LED. The LED will slow down once in hibernation mode however I it does not sound like hibernation mode is a factor in your case.

Either generation will produce a chime once initially supplied power.

Without complicating an explanation and in keeping it short I would say this.

The pump that does not have a flashing LED either has a faulty board OR has a loose wire connection to the board.

Check both Positive and Negative confections leading from power source (battery or switch)
    Check positive wire going into and out of the inline fuse holder. Check both sides of the fuse itself
    CM1 = Check -/+ wires going in to the side of the motor housing
    CM1 = remove cap and check the -/+ going to the board.
    CM2 = check -/+ wires going into the motor housing
    CM2 = remove cap and make sure the 2 long prongs are seated fully into the fixture.

** If you are using a rocker or toggle style switch as a master power switch for the Power Pole pumps; remove them from the switch.
    ** If you are using an inline breaker make sure the breaker is properly rated to supply power to the pump (40amp) Do not run both pumps through a single breaker.

This is about the gist of it.

If the board is found to be faulty, locate and note your Power Poles serial number or WO number. Contact Power Pole for replacement.

Any questions feel free to contact me

Rich

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. These poles were installed without a power switch so that's now on my list of things to do. I am pretty sure these are gen 2 as they are 3 years old. Once I push the up or down button it will start to flash and the poles work
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    To add to what Rich said once you put them on the proper battery disconnect switch be sure to turn switch off before plugging in onboard charger. This will greatly decrease your chance of having to replace circuit boards IMO.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by FeFanatic View Post
    Thanks for the reply. These poles were installed without a power switch so that's now on my list of things to do. I am pretty sure these are gen 2 as they are 3 years old. Once I push the up or down button it will start to flash and the poles work
    I would lean towards a board however it should be diagnosed as I stated above. No reason to replace a board simply to have it happen again.