Shad, shad, and more shad!

Tenkiller has been tough for me the last couple of weeks. The few bass I’ve caught have been gorging themselves on shad. Anywhere in the lower end of the lake that has slightly warmer water is packed full of 1” to 5” shad. I’m talking millions of them, to the point they block out the sonar for a hundred yards or more. I think the bass are just full…
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

I went there last Friday determined to catch them on a Jerkbait and didn’t get a bite. Fished the lower end mainly looking for a smallmouth. Lost one ona football jig and finally got the skunk out the boat with the A-rig as a last resort. Great day on the water but bite was tough for me. Water temp is still 52-53.

Same here we were there yesterday, and the shad and the birds were everywhere. Fished all day had 2 fish a 2 pound smally at 8 am and a 4 pound largemouth at 3. Both on a jerk bait but miles apart. Only two bites we had. Defiantly lived up to the Timekiller nick name and added to the wifes love hate relationship with that lake.... LOL

Forgot to add, if you have a drum tournament coming up, I can put you on ‘em. Caught three yesterday between 2.5 and 4.5 pounds.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Forgot to add, if you have a drum tournament coming up, I can put you on ‘em. Caught three yesterday between 2.5 and 4.5 pounds.
    Lol you da champ!
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com