Thread: Egypt report

Egypt report

Just in case anyone wants to venture to Egypt…..I made the 2.5 hour drive yesterday (January 8). Fished from about 9 am till 4. I haven’t been in almost 3 years so I was going blind not really knowing what to expect. It was 47 degrees around the ramp and dam area. Way up the lake it was 43-44. Crystal clear water as usual. I went up in the very last creek on the lake and it had a little color but still what I would call clear. I caught 7 fish all day. 4 fish in the 13-15 inch range and 3 fish in the 3.5-4 lb range. Caught them all on a shakey head or a jig on laydowns or stumps and they were all in 2-4 feet of water. One of the bigger ones actually was on a stump right on the bank and I flipped up on a stump and as soon as the jig hit the water I saw the fish come up and grab it before it even made it to the bottom so that fish was only in 1-2 feet of water. I fished several deeper main lake banks and points that USED to be good in the past. Two of them I actually saw fish on the side imaging and 360 in 15-20 feet of water and I’m almost 100% they were bass but couldn’t get any of them to bite. Talked to one boat and they had 3 people in the boat and they were all throwing an Alabama rig with what looked to be about 10 baits and a bunch of blades on them and they said they hadn’t caught a fish all day. I’ve had better days there but for not being there in a long time I was happy with 7 fish. It’s always a fun and pretty lake to fish.

2. Member
    Nice job and great report. I used to fish Egypt 1-2 times a year when I lived in IL and always remember it being a good lake. Sounds like it’s still pretty good. Is it still an active power plant lake or has that one been decommissioned? If I recall correctly it was a coal plant?
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

3. Member
    Disregard my question about Egypt’s power plant-just saw your other post!
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

Great report!!

5. Member
    Thanks guys! I’m going to try to do a lot better posting reports this year. I go pretty much every weekend and fish several different lakes around here. I’m no pro but I usually hold my own pretty good in tournaments around here so I like to think I’m decent and pretty knowledgeable although there are a lot of people a lot better than me lol!!