Automatic bilge pump

Hey all,
    I had a tree fall on my boat last week and after chain sawing my way to the boat getting all the branches and limbs off of the tent that it was parked in, I moved the boat out and yesterday went over to it and washed all the sawdust and twigs off the boat and carpet(the tree ripped through the cover in a few places), I decided to test the auto bilge pump. I plugged the boat and filled the hull with water and the pump never turned on. I was trying to check the float to make sure it wasn't stuck as it never had a chance to work since I bought it. I seen a water line inside the boat from previous owner that was much higher than what I filled it to, suspecting they left the plug out once and the auto bilge never worked for them.

Question is how to disassembled the float to check for proper working? I will check the fuse next time I bring the boat home.

Thanks

2. Member
    I would also love to know. Mine also does not work

3. Member
    I’m going to be captain obvious here. First check the fuse. My nitro has 2. One for automatic and one for manual. You should be able to hear the pumps. Check voltage to the pump. If voltage is good 12v+ then pump could have gone out. You could test the pump by connecting positive negative wires from a 12v bat to them. Hope that helps