What is Best for Running Trolling Moror in Thick hydrilla?

You just never know when something better comes around.. the Ninja is OK... but it still gets clogged sometimes. Anything better out there these days??? Or some trick I don't know??

Thanks.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Member
    I put two ninjas on my Ultrex on opposite sides and have had zero issues but everything has a limit. At the end of the day all trolling motors need to have their prop spinning to work. If it's a wall of fresh early summer hydrilla and you go barreling into it you're going to get clogged no matter what accessory you go with.

3. Member
    Thanks. Someone else suggested two also. I am only running one. Two might help. I started fishing a new to me lake and it has a lot of fish but the hydrilla is unbelievable in places.
    RT188

4. Member
    Hydrilla? Are you sure you are in Fl?

5. Member
    Yes... lots of it. Has some nice fish too.
    RT188

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    FWC can fix that for you.

7. Member
    Push Pole

8. Member
    Whatever you do do not name the lake that has hydrilla in it. FWC Will have their contractors out there next week with 47 airboats spraying the lake.
    Brad Krone

9. Member
    Man I would keep that quiet. You'll have some internet sleuths track that down lol. I feel blessed everyday my home lake is one of the very few in Florida that gets left alone. That's because most of it is in Georgia (Seminole) and they actually know the difference between fisheries management and "nuke it till it glows" aquatic grass management.

10. Member
    Fortrex is the best! My Fortrex is on year 10 and I have treated it like I was given it for free. I am someone if I am in 3 ft I am too deep.

I have left multiple fishing days in friends boats with cracked shafts with Ultrex and others. I am not saying they are not good but anyone honest knows.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Fortrex is the best! My Fortrex is on year 10 and I have treated it like I was given it for free. I am someone if I am in 3 ft I am too deep.

I have left multiple fishing days in friends boats with cracked shafts with Ultrex and others. I am not saying they are not good but anyone honest knows.
    Same! Mine just hit 10 years old. Have never needed to service it. Takes a beating in these FL shallows like a champ
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

Thanks. Someone else suggested two also. I am only running one. Two might help. I started fishing a new to me lake and it has a lot of fish but the hydrilla is unbelievable in places.
    Definitely keep that quiet. Some believe that the FWC reads these posts. But yes that fortrex is a beast. I sometimes fish 1 to 2 ft of water on the flats in the glades and it's a beast. From hydrilla to pepper grass to eel grass, it just makes salad.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Whatever you do do not name the lake that has hydrilla in it. FWC Will have their contractors out there next week with 47 airboats spraying the lake.
    They would send in the airplanes, maybe a jet or two, and by now have the two choppers that crashed into Apopka repaired and ready to go for reinforcement. (yes, two helicopters crashed into Apopka while spraying last year).

They will shoot for 100% eradication of anything that produces oxygen by photosynthesis, as they have achieved on Rodman Reservoir.

14. Member
    If you have a Motor Guide, get the aluminum machete prop and then sharpen the blades. I had it on my old Motor Guide before I switched to Minn Kota and I never ever had any problems going through hydrilla, pads, grass, or cattails. Reeds dulled the blades pretty quick though. I wish MK had an aluminum prop.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200