2007 Trinton, liveweel pumps, ground , electrical question

I'm working in the bilge on two issues, cracked pump housing leaking into the bilge, easy fix there. Replacing a bad float switch to the bilge pumps, easy there too.

The forward of the two bilge pumps was working intermittently then stopped completely. After some testing with the volt meter, a known good test pump I narrowed it down to a bad ground on that circuit for that pump. I have a solution, new ground for it. Cleaning up in there some more and sorting out the wiring ( it was a mess) the pump out pump shared a ground with the re circulation pump. Someone before me had a ground issue on one of those two circuits. Tested and figured out the re circulation circuit had a bad ground as well. The grounds were jumped between the two to make both pumps work. Not the worst solution but it was poorly executed.

My question, where do these grounds for the pump circuits originate? I don't think pulling new ones is an option , but I wouldn't mind trying to see if its something simple on the other end.

A black bus bar to the house battery - terminal seems like the best option, use it for the grounds for the two pump circuits and the float switch.

2. Member
    One my 2006, there is a grounding terminal on the starboard side in the rear. You have to stick your head in the battery compartment by the starting battery to see it. Probably wired when the boat was in halves. Hope that helps.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alby View Post
    One my 2006, there is a grounding terminal on the starboard side in the rear. You have to stick your head in the battery compartment by the starting battery to see it. Probably wired when the boat was in halves. Hope that helps.
    My ‘08 has the same.

4. Member
    Thanks, I'll go back and search closer, sounds like my solution may be easier still yet.