Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Frank, I stated before to another one of his responses that it was fine to ask questions that directly relate to us and you can also ask questions like my analogy of where does the Universe end but to ask the latter will go unanswered since that is beyond our comprehension so why bother? Man has been asking questions like the latter since his beginnings and no answers have come forth since it isn't meant for us to understand until hopefully we reach the afterlife. Some of his questions were asking about the relationship between Satan and God. What's not covered in the Bible isn't meant for us to comprehend at this point in time no matter how much one wants to try and understand it.
    My brethren,
    The questions which I asked you are out of the Scriptures, yet I completely agree and understand, just as others have stated, that the mysteries of God are not for us to understand all of them.
    I am sure that Job was as mystified as we are when God spoke to him out of the whirlwind and asked the very questions I have proposes, which you may find even more intriguing in reading chapter 38 of Job; hence I pray that you will find this chapter as thought provoking as I and am sure others find it.

In Christ's love
    Frank

2. Member
    How can a person really know happiness without experiencing sadness? The same can be said for evil, how can one know greatness without experiencing evil or to put it differently, how can one experience love without experiencing hate.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

3. Member
    Pass the Apple Eve!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    How can a person really know happiness without experiencing sadness? The same can be said for evil, how can one know greatness without experiencing evil or to put it differently, how can one experience love without experiencing hate.
    Jeff,
    You are saying that it is impossible to experience anything unless you have been part of the physical action itself, which that would make those that are pushing AI completely wrong.
    BTW, knowing that something is evil or wrong against anyone or anything, in my opinion, should be more than sufficient to prevent anyone from doing such actions.

5. Member
    That would read good on a hallmark card but I'm not sure it works that way. If I knew only love would I not feel loved unless I felt hate for the sake of contrast? Hmmmm. Do you think Adam and Eve didn't appreciate gods love and that's why he allowed the snake to enter the garden?

6. Member
    The only thing I'm saying is for one to know how special something is, you have to experience both sides of the spectrum.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

7. Member
    I tend to believe love is strong enough to stand on its own. I think a person who's loved knows it regardless.

8. Member
    The only thing I'm saying is for one to know how special something is, you have to experience both sides of the spectrum.
    Jeff,
    Perhaps some people may need the experience to completely immerse themselves into a feeling or believe.
    Yet, remember what our Savior stated for Thomas in John 20: 24-29

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.
    25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
    So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
    26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
    27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
    28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
    29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Jeff,
    Perhaps some people may need the experience to completely immerse themselves into a feeling or believe.
    Yet, remember what our Savior stated for Thomas in John 20: 24-29

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.
    25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
    So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
    26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
    27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
    28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
    29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
    Verse 29 Second sentence. An example of walking by Faith.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

10. Member
    Jeff, you are describing the original sin….but you make a great point. God has allowed us to see the awfulness of a sinful world. Thankfully, Jesus Christ sacrificed Himself on the cross to take away our sins and to save us from the wrath of God. Praise the Lord!

Romans 5:18-20

18 Therefore, as through [h]one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one[i] Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.
    20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Last edited by Chisco; 02-20-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345