Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    So many directions to go but a good start is Genesis 3:1-5 when the serpent lied and successfully tempted Eve then Adam to eat fruit from the forbidden tree. Which then leads to Romans 5:12 that tells us when Adam sinned, sin entered the human race. Or you could check the box that blaming anybody but yourself is just the easy way out for your own self-conscious.

Personally I think people don't want to think about the fact that humans are flawed and are capable of such atrocities. They are human too so if one human is capable of doing it, then they themselves are capable of it as well. So like many other things in life, we find something else to blame instead of the person themselves so that we can go through life thinking that humans would never do something like that.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Prob a better discussion for here....

https://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134
    Why do you believe that it would better in General forum and not the Faith forum?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    because its easier to blame a made up being then face the fallacies of human nature. not all people are good
    Christ was very clear that there is no one good but GOD.
    You can find additional details in:
    Mark 10: 17-20
    Romans 3: 10-12

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Personally I think people don't want to think about the fact that humans are flawed and are capable of such atrocities. They are human too so if one human is capable of doing it, then they themselves are capable of it as well. So like many other things in life, we find something else to blame instead of the person themselves so that we can go through life thinking that humans would never do something like that.
    Yet, God states clearly how vile and evil is the hearts of all men, and further explanation is given in:
    Jeremiah 17: 9-10

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Why do you believe that it would better in General forum and not the Faith forum?
    Ye of little faith...

Okay, dig this, in my 'common passerby's opinion', this too is by design. No, not whether or not this would be the probable niche for the topic, but driving Humans AWAY from TheCreator (Hunab Ku; God 71 more 'names')

They're shown actual proof of various things and question the authenticity, how do You think these same folks will fare when there isn't anything to 'touch'? Tough $ell indeed.. almost as if they're connected...

Bust out Your Eccy.. "There is nothing new under Sol..." (paraphrasing) imagine if TheScribes assigned to well, 'scribe', imagine if the aforementioned serpent got to them and whispered in their ear what to chisel?

Stay Hydrated... Mead? or Altar Wine?

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    It's easier to blame or credit a mystical being rather than understanding the reasoning of why something happens. Throughout human history as we became more knowledgeable about anything and everything, fewer and fewer things are accredited to religious beings.
    The New Testament would completely discredit that statement and actually prove the opposite is happening.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Banned
    Did God create "the devil"?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Did God create "the devil"?
    Yes, God created ALL THINGS, which obviously it does not leave any thing out. BTW, you have asked similar question before, and much scriptural information was given.

BTW, you may want to start at Isaiah 14: 11-18

10. Member
    One word in the title of this thread rings very true. The word is "easier."

It's a copout to blame the devil for your own choices. Unfortunately, the church often helps reinforce this excuse. I'm reminded of an incident where a pastor was caught having an affair with a married member of the congregation. It resulted in divorces for both parties. That pastor told the congregation that what he did was a result of being tempted by satan. He went even further and said that because he was such a faithful and strong follower of God, satan tempted him EXTRA HARD! I laughed out loud when he said that. I've seen the same excuse used by other members of the clergy whether it was embezzlement, sexual misconduct, or whatever. You see, when the average man on the street does something bad, preachers will say it's because they don't have God in their heart. When those preachers get caught with their hand in the cookie jar it's because they were tempted EXTRA HARD due to their extreme godliness. See how that works? Even their corruption is because they are so Godly! hahaha. Interesting how satan didn't have enough influence to actually prevent them from attaining their position in the church, but after that fact they suddenly weakened to satans temptations. makes perfect sense doesn't it? lol

Everybody makes their own choices. They either adhere to moral values or they don't. Nobody decides for them. In truth, most simply think they won't get caught. Is it coincidental that they are only remorseful after getting caught? Ever notice they don't become sorry for their actions BEFORE they get caught? It's not hard to figure out.

11. Member
    "Everybody makes their own choices. They either adhere to moral values or they don't. Nobody decides for them."

Your last part is very key in that God gave everyone freedom of choice and it all goes back to Eve taking a bite of the apple from the Garden of Eden when she was tempted by the Devil. Since then man as lived with sin. So yes we all have freedom of choice but don't fool yourself into thinking the Devil isn't whispering in your ear constantly to do the evil or wrong thing!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    "Everybody makes their own choices. They either adhere to moral values or they don't. Nobody decides for them."

Your last part is very key in that God gave everyone freedom of choice and it all goes back to Eve taking a bite of the apple from the Garden of Eden when she was tempted by the Devil. Since then man as lived with sin. So yes we all have freedom of choice but don't fool yourself into thinking the Devil isn't whispering in your ear constantly to do the evil or wrong thing!
    Those whispers aren't hard to resist if you live by moral values. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's impossible to resist. It's all a 100% personal decision. You can decide to do good or you can decide to do bad. The devil can't make you do anything. Don't fall for the trap of using the existence of temptation as an excuse. Millions of people who have no belief in God whatsoever live honest lives and uphold personal values. Think about this, if a person gave in to temptations because those temptations were irresistible, they would not be able to hide it. They would just uncontrollably walk into a room full of people and commit their transgressions openly for all to see. That doesn't happen. They are patient and calculating so as to hide what they're doing. Irresistible temptation can't go hand in hand with patience and planning. So you see, the whispers are no excuse. It's always a choice.
    Last edited by Okie74133; 01-11-2023 at 09:40 AM.

What? I said to move it to the faith forum?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    Those whispers aren't hard to resist if you live by moral values. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's impossible to resist. It's all a 100% personal decision. You can decide to do good or you can decide to do bad. The devil can't make you do anything. Don't fall for the trap of using the existence of temptation as an excuse. Millions of people who have no belief in God whatsoever live honest lives and uphold personal values. Think about this, if a person gave in to temptations because those temptations were irresistible, they would not be able to hide it. They would just uncontrollably walk into a room full of people and commit their transgressions openly for all to see. That doesn't happen. They are patient and calculating so as to hide what they're doing. Irresistible temptation can't go hand in hand with patience and planning. So you see, the whispers are no excuse. It's always a choice.
    Evil hates the light and will do everything it can to hide itself from it! That Evil has a root and it's the Devil! It's all described in the Bible.

15. Member
    Evil hates the light and will do everything it can to hide itself from it! That Evil has a root and it's the Devil! It's all described in the Bible.
    Doesn't matter where it comes from. It's still a conscious choice. It takes effort to do bad just like it takes effort to do good. I would say doing good is actually the path of least resistance. It's much less convenient to do bad. It comes with lots of baggage. Blaming the devil is simply a strategy to avoid responsibility, and that's an epidemic of its own.

16. Member
    Doesn't matter where it comes from. It's still a conscious choice. It takes effort to do bad just like it takes effort to do good. I would say doing good is actually the path of least resistance. It's much less convenient to do bad. It comes with lots of baggage. Blaming the devil is simply a strategy to avoid responsibility, and that's an epidemic of its own.
    I'm not going to argue with you over it as it's all covered in the Bible as I said. I'm out!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    What? I said to move it to the faith forum?
    Sorry, must have misunderstood.

18. Member
    I'm not going to argue with you over it as it's all covered in the Bible as I said. I'm out!
    I didn't know this was an argument. What did I say that you're arguing against? (Again, I'm not arguing)
    You say it's covered in the Bible so please show me where it says we will be tempted and will be powerless to resist those temptations. Please show me where the Bible says we will no longer have free will to make choices when we are tempted. You seem to be bothered by the idea of personal responsibility. Maybe you prefer the "devil made me do it" excuse to justify conscious choices. Why is that? You're right, it's covered in the Bible but I'm not sure you understand what you're reading.

19. Member
    ................... It comes with lots of baggage. Blaming the devil is simply a strategy to avoid responsibility, and that's an epidemic of its own.
    You are right that life comes with a lot of baggage, and if we look at society, it seems to value social media much more than prayers or sharing with brethren who may have experienced same and receiving guidance to their prayers.

Today's society teaches that it's not your fault but someone or something in your past that caused you to act or do whatever you may be dealing with, hence, it is not your responsibility.

20. Member
    You are right that life comes with a lot of baggage, and if we look at society, it seems to value social media much more than prayers or sharing with brethren who may have experienced same and receiving guidance to their prayers.

Today's society teaches that it's not your fault but someone or something in your past that caused you to act or do whatever you may be dealing with, hence, it is not your responsibility.
    Spot on. Thank you

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast