Thread: 2010 z 518

2010 z 518

Guy's why would someone put a set of Transom wedges on this boat. I am turning a 25 fury at 6000 rpm's, running 70 mph. Runs great just has terrible hole shot due to the wedge's.

I don't think the wedges is your problem. It sounds to me like it's in the Prop. Do you have PVS holes and are they plugged or open to what size. You may just need to use a larger open plug or maybe even no plugs.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    I am running no plugs. The engine trimmed all the way down has very little tuck to lift the back up, push the bow down on take off.

4. Member
    I have a 518. Mine was the same until I put a fin on my lower unit. My rig would also porpoise a little if I went slow. Made a big difference. I use the smallest one I can find. I never could turn my 25 tempest 6k more less a fury. Your running

5. Member
    They could have been added by someone who was more concerned with top speed than overall performance. The wedges add a few more degrees of trim allowing more lift, but from the sounds of it only added top end and took out the responsiveness out of the hole.

6. Member
    is prop vent holes open? what is rpms on take off when floored?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools