Headed To Maui for golf and Kayak Fishing

We will get 3 rounds in wherever our hosts want to play.
    We have played Kapalua, Wailea. We will try some others.
    Watching the TofC on TV now is getting me fired up.
    We will also do a kayak fishing day with a guide one day. We have never done that in Maui.
    Has anyone done a kayak fishing trip there and would share some advice?
    Last edited by Bearetta; 01-08-2023 at 01:52 PM.

Dang, one of heck of trip for sure....enjoy.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

3. Member
    I've golfed a few times on Maui. Only played the Makena courses and really enjoyed them. Also played Kihei which had a 3 club wind all day. Much drier and less wind on the south side of the island. I've never fished in Hawaii, but plan to bring a rod for some shore fishing in 2 weeks. There are several videos about shore fishing which should apply to kayak fishing. The 2 most popular techniques appear to be dunking and whipping.

4. Member
    I should add these are two man kayaks. I have never fished from one. tight quarters for sure.
    golf is going to be rusty. 27 holes in 6 months. But a pretty good way to get the rust off!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmy-rt188p View Post
    I've golfed a few times on Maui. Only played the Makena courses and really enjoyed them. Also played Kihei which had a 3 club wind all day. Much drier and less wind on the south side of the island. I've never fished in Hawaii, but plan to bring a rod for some shore fishing in 2 weeks. There are several videos about shore fishing which should apply to kayak fishing. The 2 most popular techniques appear to be dunking and whipping.
    Thanks. I will look those up. Not a lot of wind the last two days at Kapalua watching the T of C. We are staying on the south end so we will probably stay close for golf.

6. Scraps
    urastinker. Enjoy.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    One caveat. We played Makena in the summertime. Not sure if the south side is windy in the winter. I also noticed the windy wasn't blowing much during the TOC. I believe the north shore of Oahu is calmer during winter months, so the same may apply to Maui.

8. Member
    I want to call you bad names!!!!

Have fun!