Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I have had both MK and Noco. If I had to go new right now, my choice would be the MK PCL (lithium capable). Dual Pro had a stellar reputation, but the last few years, there have been many complaints about charging AGM’s with them, even with the Delta Volt technology.
    I’ve never had any issues with my Dual Pros not charging acid or AGM’s, older or newer models.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Dual Pro. Had one in my old boat. Worked just fine. Newer boat, took out my 16 yr. old lead acid version, 3 bank 15 amp per, for new units lithium profiled. Brother has my old Dual Pro in his boat now. Would purchase again.

3. Member
    I had heard dual pro with new lithiums wasn’t performing correct, but haven’t haven’t owned one. Minnkota precision for me, 345
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

4. Member
    I have owned a number of Rangers and have had problems with almost every Dual Pro in them. They do help you out but its a pain shipping that thing. Minkota has been good to me but my number one choice hands down is NOCO. They work great for all types of batteries. I actually just pulled out a working Dual Pro for a NOCO because I don't want to have issues half way through the season.

5. Member
    NOCO Gen Pro, install it and forget it

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Dual Pro? I don't know. Mine sits on my work bench. Can't handle my X2. Common problem that I learned the hard way.
    Yes it is a common problem with that X2/Northstar. It’s been brought up here many times on BBC the last few years. Won’t bring the battery to full charge, thus reducing its life span.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I’ve never had any issues with my Dual Pros not charging acid or AGM’s, older or newer models.
    There have been many reports of dual pros not being able to fully charge the big X2s. I have a single bank DP 15 amp that I used with my X2 for a year or so before I realized it wasn't getting the job done.

I would have used my 10 x 2 Genius but for some reason, it would not allow me to use both banks on a single X2 for 20 amps. Otherwise, I never had a problem with the Noco and it's pulling duty in my buddy's boat just fine.The MK PC 220 allows me to do that and now I get a full charge.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

8. Member
    I had an older MK 460 and recently upgraded to the MK 460 PC. I love it. It is one of a few chargers that Odessey is ok with for their AGM batteries which I have for starting / electronics. All the newer chargers may have an automatic maintanece mode that causes your batteries to go through a special cycle to mix up the electrolite I'm not sure, but the MK PC does this every charging cycle and has a even more intensive restoration cycle that you can manually trigger that is recommended like once a year. If I had or thought I would be moving to lithium any time soon I'd get the MK 460 PCL. I do hear good things about NOCO.

9. Scraps
    Consider what you might do with batteries going forward. AGM, lithium, etc.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    My Dual Pro failed. Was 6 years old. NOCO has been flawless for 9 years

11. Member
    I have had only Dual Pro chargers on my boats, never had a problem. I have one currently that is used for my 3 Northstar AGM Group 31 batteries for my trolling motor. Bought it new in 2018. Someone on the Military Veteran board turned me on to a program Dual Pro offers to Veterans. The deal they gave me was BEYOND SWEET! I will continue to support Dual Pro!

12. Member
    I also had a Dual Pro fail several years ago. I then switched to MK with no problems so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    My Dual Pro failed. Was 6 years old. NOCO has been flawless for 9 years

13. Member
    I'm running 4 of the X2's with a Dual Pro 4x15. No problems in 3 years. Ran 3 of the X2's with a MK 330D for 10 years in my old boat. No problems either.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    There have been many reports of dual pros not being able to fully charge the big X2s. I have a single bank DP 15 amp that I used with my X2 for a year or so before I realized it wasn't getting the job done.

I would have used my 10 x 2 Genius but for some reason, it would not allow me to use both banks on a single X2 for 20 amps. Otherwise, I never had a problem with the Noco and it's pulling duty in my buddy's boat just fine.The MK PC 220 allows me to do that and now I get a full charge.
    Sounding like a Chevy vs Ford thing. I have two Noco that do their jobs. I still have an MK. I’ve had a couple MK 345D which were excellent and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another, but my Dual Pro Professional 4 bank (15a per bank) is and has been incredible. I’ve always run acid or AGM’s in 31 class. My DP has always charged them fully every time. Now as far as DP and lithiums, I can not comment on them. Never owned a Lithium in my boat. I like the fact that with DP they are rebuildable/fixable. Most brands are throw away when they fail. I was an MK user/fan for many years, but prefer my DP’s. Nothing against Noco. My number one pick is DP, then MK. When you hear from fisherman in the multitudes, you’ll hear the good and bad in all makes and models. It’s mainly just preference and what you have confidence in.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Agree. But X2 owners, beware. A DP might not fully charge your battery. (An X2/Northstar is different than most 31 grp AGMs.)
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

16. BBC SPONSOR
    I would go Minnkota, we sell Noco but I have seen banks go our on several chargers. NOCO does have a good warranty however

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    minn kotas PCL is a great charger Have the pcls instock ready to ship with BBC discounts

18. Member
    I bought the NOCO Genius 4x10. I have a lithium battery just for my LS that doesn’t need to be charged after every outing and the NOCO allows me to turn off that bank so I can decide when I want to charge it. I haven’t had this setup very long, just 2 months, but absolutely no problems so far.
    2013 Stratos 189vlo
    2013 150hp Mercury Optimax Pro XS 1B964117

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybfishing View Post
    STEALTH

20. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Dual Pro all the way.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast